Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Muzzy mx3

Coreydirtwurx

Anyone else shoot muzzy mx3? I used to use rage 2 blade untill my buddy that has bowhuntedfor along time convinced me that mx3s are better. The reason he doesn't like rage is because he says it won't break a bone like the muzzy will in case of a bad shot. Which i kindof see his point. I have only shot one doe with the rage and it let an incredible blood trail and died within 50 yards. I switched to the mx3 last year and so far I have taken a buck (last year) and a doe this year. The problem I have is that there isn't much of a blood trail a drop here or there and they run for 300 plus yards. Both shots where good shots too Granted they die and all but im just wanting to see what ppl think about the mx3 do u love them of hate them?

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
I never shot the MX3, but I used to shoot the 100gr 3 blade. I killed an awful lot of deer with them. Some of them put a lot of blood on the ground, and some did not. I'm not totally convinced that any broadhead will put more blood on the ground than another, but I do seem to get better blood trails with mechanical heads than I ever did with a fixed head. Having said that, I have had some "light" trails with mechanicals too. If you are happy with how they fly, and are killing deer with them, why change?

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Never shot a mechanical. Have used MX3 and Slick tricks. The doe I killed earlier this week with a Slick Trick looked like the scene of a horror movie. Took out the bottom of her heart and a lung. She still made it 150yds. Last year I hit a doe back with a one lung/liver combo. She went 30yds. You just never know. Was your shot a bit high?

Coreydirtwurx

I shot both of the deer around 12-15 yards from 22 feet up so the entrance was alittle high but the exit was perfect. I like how the mx3 shoot out of my bow so I'm gonna stick with them for now. Any one ever used 2 blade blood runners? When I see them on tv u can see the blood pouring out of the deer look like a good broadhead.

woodyw333

Cincinnati Oh
I have used MX3's for 5 years now and out of the 25 deer in 2 states that I have taken with good shots the farthest I have had one run is about 70 yards and all left great blood trails.. My g/f shot a doe this year and a color blind (no offence anyone) person could follow that trail and she is using the 75 grain version of the MX3.. I love them and have no reason to switch.. They fly great, hit hard and crush bone.. Thats my .02

gavennn

I havent used Muzzys. I use meat seekers. Amost every i have shot looks like a scene from a horror movie.