Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Who is the ONE bowhunter you would like to meet and what would you ask him?

Milo

Tatonka guide.
For me it would be probably Dwight Schuh. This dude is a scrawny dedicated bowhunter like no other. I love watching his hunts on Bowhunter TV. The guy is an animal. Love his passion and dedication to the sport. His humble attitude is one i appreciate. The one question I would ask him is where he sees bowhunting in the future and how can we do more to protect it....and can i go elk hunting with him:smiley_bril:

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Paul Schafer...but there is no chance to meet him now.

The person I'd most like to hunt with is Myles Keller. I've met him several times. We discussed the use of smoke and deer's noses a few times at trade shows, and I enjoyed hearing his hunting stories quite a bit. He isn't the rock-star type that many try to be when they make a living hunting deer, he's just a deer hunting maniac. That guy was killing big bucks on his own all over the country before most folks ever considered putting in the effort. It is common now for people to hunt a half dozen states a year these days, when Myles started doing it everyone thought he was nuts....and he did it on his own! No super man tricks, just find the deer you want, show up and wait for him.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Roger Rothhaar. I want to hear the story of his "demise" straight from him. I'd also want to pick his brain and have him come scout with me. As a legendary Buckeye bowhunter before he was set up, I would really enjoy being with a legend from my own state.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Don't really keep up with the bow hunting greats like I used too and since I haven't shot a long bow in years.... Probably you Milo, just too see what your oppinions on all the changes in the last 20 years or so.... Sit around the campfire and shoot the breeze about the industry and such.....

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
This is an interesting topic, Milo.
Last Christmas, M.R. James sent me a copy of one of his latest books. It's called "45 Unforgettable Bowhunters". It's a series of stories about 45 people he knew that had an influence on bowhunting in general. It's a good read, and for anyone interested in the history of modern bowhunting it's a good bit of information. He has a unique perspective as he knew them all and got to witness and participate in the growth of what we know as "bowhunting". I recommend it to anyone that might be interested in knowing where this sport came from.

bigten05

*Supporting Member*
knox county ohio
i like the drury brothers they do alot for hunting and there work with catch a dream is awesome, fred bear is right there too he did alot for the sport also he would have lots of info that alot of people never heard or things that we dont think about now with the way the sport has changed.

Ohiobowhunter1

Columbus
I have had the opportunity to meet several guys and chat with them over the past couple of years. Harold Knight and David Hale were one of my first hunting idols as a young lad. I was excited to know that a company I work for hired them to promote and use many of our products so I have had many good times with them. I also have met and chatted with Byron Ferguson, he is full of conversation and it was great talking to him about archery and hunting. This year at the ATA show I walked the whole floor but missed meeting Tiffany... maybe next years ATA?:smiley_baby:

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
I'm with Cotty. Mark or Terry would be the goto guys for me. Love their shows and find them the most informative out of all of the others. They seem to really connect with hunters with their shows.

I don't know that I could limit it to just one question as those guys are a wealth of knowledge and would love to pick their brain and do a little work study with them.

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Bobby Worthington,Roger Rothaar or Barry Wensel(flip a coin twice)lol

Wouldn't ask them questions but just would sit and listen to their stories and such.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Drury Bros would be a wealth of information. I would love to hang out on. . . err, I mean with Tiffany, but I think Lee Lakowski would be the true wealth of info. In regards to deer management and property management I think these guys would be right near the top.

Charles Alsheimer or James Kroll would be a great wealth of knowledge and interesting conversation on deer behavior.

For information which most of us could put to use in our realistic hunting scenarios, I feel John Eberhert would probably be the most useful. For hunting pressured areas and public land, this dude has got to be one of the most down to Earth and knowledgeable guys out there. Not sure he has any 200" deer, but he consistently gets on mature bucks in pressured areas. Not only this, but his knowledge on escaping the masses on public lands would probably be beneficial. Let's face it, most of our private lands get as much pressure as public anymore. Tough to get a place to yourself that has any acreage to it.

For a twist on things, I will throw out a couple names of people I think would be the least beneficial to talk to: Jackie Bushman and Bill Jordan. Don't get me wrong, they could very well be beneficial if talking about marketing or hunting outfitters/high fence operations. Outside of that they strike me as guys that wouldn't give us average guys the time of the day.

at1010

*Supporting Member*
ROGER RAGGLIN!! (spelling) hahahhahaha joking!

I think Id pick Lee or Drury bros. Id like to see what they say about managing land, what they do, how they have changed things, etc.

at1010

*Supporting Member*
Adam Hayes would be another guy who would be interested to talk to.

I know a lot of guys seem to think he is a dick, I dont know him but always thought he seemed like a nice guy, and man has he layed them down in Ohio.