Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Strouds Camping Checklist

cotty16

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
I thought maybe we could do a list of who's bringing what or nominate guys bring certain things.
Also, some more experienced campers maybe could chime in on what NOT to forget for cold weather camping.

I have a turkey deep fryer and propane tank I can bring.
I will also be bringing some marinaded back straps and other snacks and such.
I'll make sure to grab paper products as well.

Oh, and beer.

Feel free to add to the list.

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
I'm bringing fish and a turkey/'fish fryer as well. I'll probably bring down some wood too, and whatever other camping stuff Mason and I will need. Sam's Club isn't too far out of the way for me, so if there anyone needs anything picked up - CHIME IN!

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
I have a commercial grinder and other deer processing gear if anyone wants it. I sorta plan to drop off anything we shoot, but if others want to use this stuff I'll bring it.

Fluteman

Supporting Member
Southeast Ohio
Do the sites have electric? Gonna do up some sloppy joes again, but figured I would throw it in a Crock Pot. I can also bring whatever is needed, especially big items that others don't wanna bring due to added space, since I'm only 20 minutes away. Still thinking I will stay at the house, but will definitely be up to hang out all weekend, and maybe even hunt some. I've also got some firewood I could bring. I'll see what else I can come up with. Don't have any back straps as of yet, but that could change before then.

dante322

*Supporting Member*
Crawford county
Just playin.

I will have a spare tent if anyone needs it, but i only have the one buddy heater. I will be bringing 2 large coolers if someone needs a spot to keep something on ice. The Grinder isnt a bad idea. I will try to remember to bring a gambrel and my big cutting board and knives.

I'm not much of a foody so i cant really offer up much in that department. when we camp, dinner is usually cooked over the fire. I'll bring a couple cast iron pans. I have one bag of crappie left in the freezer, I'll grab that.

I was wondering about the availability of firewood. cant transport wood ya know.

I have never cold weather camped before, this should be interesting

Last edited:

cotty16

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Same here in regard to cold weather camping. Little nervous about the boys and my winky in the morning.

I'll have two tents as well. I was thinking one for us and one for gear.

I have a feeling we may sleep in the truck. Lol!

I have two buddy heaters that I'm sure will be blazing.

dante322

*Supporting Member*
Crawford county
but figured I would throw it in a Crock Pot.

If the crockpot is a go, i do still have 2 shoulder roasts from last years button buck.

Same here in regard to cold weather camping. Little nervous about the boys and my winky in the morning.

I figure Ill bring plenty of blankets, and long johns, but this is ohio after all, it could end up being warmer than we expect. Just the same, I'll look for a "therma seat" type bed roll this week.

dante322

*Supporting Member*
Crawford county
but figured I would throw it in a Crock Pot.

If the crockpot is a go, i do still have 2 shoulder roasts from last years button buck.

I figure Ill bring plenty of blankets, and long johns, but this is ohio after all, it could end up being warmer than we expect. Just the same, I'll look for a "therma seat" type bed roll this week.

Hoytmania

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Gods Country
I will have spare tent setup for possible storage after Thursday night. Dave, austin and I are still planning on bunking with you bit since we are going to be there a day earlier we will have a tent set up once you get there with your cabin tent we will move over there and then our tent will be available for storage if anyone needs it. Also bringing my gambrel.

As far as cold weather camping some of the best advice I can give is to male sure you have dry clothes to change into right before climbing into your sleeping bag. If you climb into your bag with wet socks and undies you will wake up in the middle of the night freezing. That is probably the biggest key I know of to stay warm while camping.

Gregg will you ne doing sloppy does Friday night. If so I wont worry about packing chilli all the way down there.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina

I'll have two tents as well. I was thinking one for us and one for gear.

I have a feeling we may sleep in the truck. Lol!

I have two buddy heaters that I'm sure will be blazing.

Those heaters going Mike will make it more than comfortable.... I'm not thinking there was electric but the others will give input on that.... Like Dante, I'm not a cook per say... I can start a fire and do dishes and general cleanup too earn my keep.... lol.... Or I can live off of sandwiches :smiley_clap: Hell I lived off of tuna fish for 4 months and the occasional MRE rotflmao I'll bring some ground venison if we need it as well as some steaks and if there's still a tenderloin left I'll bring that..... I can pick up a couple bags of taters as well..... Paper plates and towels???? Let me know....

dante322

*Supporting Member*
Crawford county
The subject was brought up in the scouting thread, what is everyone bringing to hunt out of? I plan to hunt with my climber, but I have a small striker blind i will throw in just in case.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
I plan on bringing a seat and setting up on the ground.... If I can find a decent hill with cover, I'll carve a seat into the hillside and curl up and wait for a good one too stroll by... I've had pretty good luck seeing deer this way..... If no decent hills then a big bush/tree will do as well.....

Hoytmania

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Gods Country
I am pretty sure I am bringing a set of sticks and two stands. I figure austin and I will just hunt out of the same tree to spend time together. He will get first shot anyways.