Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Button Buck

Thunderflight

Dignitary Member
Shermans Dale, PA
Last night was a great night in the stand. I saw a total of six deer, got to watch two small bucks spare (first time I ever saw that), and was pretty much in deer from about 1800 to 1910.

Around 1830 I had a doe and button buck come in from behind me. The whole thing couldn't have been scripted better because this was how I had anticipated deer coming. The button buck was in the lead and the doe was about 10 yards behind him. At 20 yards the young buck stood in one of my shooting lanes. He gave me a perfect shot angle and it was almost like he was saying "it's OK.... Take me"..........

With intensity I focused on that single hair, I lifted up my bow, the tension of the taunt string in fingers tingled through my entire hand, I slowed by breath, picked a spot, and.......................................................

Let down my bow and passed him up!:smiley_blackeye::smiley_chinrub: I decided to let the little guy go, but if his mother took two more steps she would not be so lucky. Well I think the button buck was mad that I didn't except his selfless offer of sacrifice because when he walked off his mother followed, but didn't pass through any of the shooting lanes I had cut. It's all good though. I was a great night and I'm definitely glad to be back in the saddle.

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Your time away from the tree has obviously altered you. I never thought I'd see the day when you'd allow your neighbor's soon-to-be booner slip through your fingers. It's a shame really.

:)

Dannmann801

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Springboro
It's a black day.....hallowed tradition has died....

You've messed with the universe now and the ripple effects could be catastrophic.....that retard BB might just get stuck in some farmer's combine causing him a huge repair bill. Then he won't be able to afford flowers for his wife. She'll get mad and he won't get laid. Then the daughter that was to be born of that union will not be born, and some poor farmboy won't have a farmer's daughter next door and grow up sad and lonely.

Shoulda shot him.....

Thunderflight

Dignitary Member
Shermans Dale, PA
it's a black day.....hallowed tradition has died....

You've messed with the universe now and the ripple effects could be catastrophic.....that retard bb might just get stuck in some farmer's combine causing him a huge repair bill. Then he won't be able to afford flowers for his wife. She'll get mad and he won't get laid. Then the daughter that was to be born of that union will not be born, and some poor farmboy won't have a farmer's daughter next door and grow up sad and lonely.

Shoulda shot him.....

lol!!!!!

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Chuck....Chuck......Chuck..... What else could be said????? Now the bad karma's going too be coming out!!!!!!! I wish you well Brother...... Just sayin......

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Thanks for sharing that Chuck! I think you did the right thing. Goodluck in your future hunts.

Dan, that was entertaining! Lol