Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Smoking up buddy!

at1010

*Supporting Member*
Hey all I just wanted to let ya know I smoked up today!

Not sure what you all do in order to get your clothes to smell like smoke, but here is what I did.

Took big box, filled with few clothes, sealed box.

Cut quarter sized hole in bottom side of box, put the sentsomker in the hole till smoke was coming out of all the seams, let box sit close and just let smoke cook in there.

I then refilled box with other clothes, and did that again.

With the clothes that were in the box I put them in big ziplocks and filled ziplocks with smoke and sealed them. Smoke will escape ziplocks, but get the clothes really smoky.

Just a idea thought some of you might like, also filled my tote with smoke and shut it.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Cool.. Lots of guys use the tote method too. But, it's important you not only smoke your clothes but yourself also. It's because properties in smoke kill bacteria that cause odor. Things like your hair etc need smoked before a hunt. Most just smoke their clothes when they smoke their body in the field.

at1010

*Supporting Member*
yea thanks jackalope, I Planned to smoke up before the hunt as well.

Damn things are so easy with a propane torch, that I figure mines well take the 5 extra mins to smoke up if I have the time.

DJK Frank 16

Supporting Member
Hardin County
I smoke mine in a tote as well.

I take a scent free shower, then go to the garage and smoke all my gear/clothes/myself, etc. I put on my base layers and a smoked pair of old jeans. I smoke the rest of my gear and clothes in the tote and throw them in the back of the truck and head to my sport.

When I get to my spot, I get the rest of the way dressed in the field. When I return to the truck from the hunt, everything but my base layers return to the tote. I try to minimize the exposure of any of my gear to anything but the smoked tote and the woods.

at1010

*Supporting Member*
good idea frank, I never leave my camo out, I always dress where I am hunting and I always put it back in my tote after the hunt.

Buckmaster

Portage
Cool.. Lots of guys use the tote method too. But, it's important you not only smoke your clothes but yourself also. It's because properties in smoke kill bacteria that cause odor. Things like your hair etc need smoked before a hunt. Most just smoke their clothes when they smoke their body in the field.

Its pretty funny seeing Joe help pimp the smoker. I do remember the Old Joe. What an anti he was. rotflmao

cotty16

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
I was smoking up yesterday before heading to my spot. Some guy was driving past me after coming up out of the opposite hollow doing some fishing. He stopped to talk for a minute and just kept looking at me like I was nuts as kept putting smoke all over me. I just smiled and said, "it's my cover scent". He still just looked at me strange and bid me "good luck" and left.

Pretty funny getting the crazy looks.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
I have a Rubbermaid closet in my garage that I use as a smoke house. I also use a Stanley Mobile Job Box as my traveling smoke house. When my clothes have been washed, they go in the box and before each hunt, I select the clothes I'll wear and hang them on the and screws I have all over the closet. I'll get the smoker fired up, set it inside the closet, then head upstairs to take my shower. Once I am showered up, I smoke my body in the garage and put on my travel clothes when I am headed to the farm, or I just get dressed if I am hunting my other two spots. I also smoke up the inside of my truck, so I don't worry about wearing my hunting clothes on the 5 minute drive to my other spots.

I had to laugh last night when I crawled in to bed and my dog came up to lay next to me. He was in the garage last night after I smoked up and we both smelled like hickory smoke!!! :smiley_clap:

Last edited: