Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Wheres the rest of the vamps (night shifters)

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I am all over the map. Some days, some nights. Self employed so you just never know. We do run parking lot sweepers at night, so there are times I am out swapping a flat tire or pitching in or whatever my drivers might need throughout the night. Then there is winter. You see snow on the horizon and I will be up all night.

ImpalaSSpeed96

NJ
I'm supposed to switch days and nights every other month, but manning has dictated me to nights the last 3 months. 7-7.... And this is one of the sites I can't access from work...

woodyw333

Cincinnati Oh
I'm supposed to switch days and nights every other month, but manning has dictated me to nights the last 3 months. 7-7.... And this is one of the sites I can't access from work...

We have that "big brother" block where I work also but thankfully I can access TOO, AT, and a couple others but I cannot access any of the bow companys websites.. It also wont let me access moonguide.com, it says its a weapons site?? They did give us WIFI here so any site that I cant get from the work computers I pull up on my phone.

Fluteman

Supporting Member
Southeast Ohio
Working midnights the next three nights. Don't mind working them, as it's a lot less hectic than days, plus I can hunt in the mornings if I feel like it. Speaking of, I will probably do so Thursday morning...

ImpalaSSpeed96

NJ
I just miss 8hr shifts. 12s completely kill hunting for me when I work... I haven't seen an 8 in over 6 years. And the older I get, the more I hate nights...

I can get on AT and one of my car forums. That's about it. Makes for a long night shift. So I usually take 1-2 hours to workout....

woodyw333

Cincinnati Oh
I have been on nights for 6 years now.. you just get acclaimed to it.. days off suck cause you have to go back to normal hrs to see the family then back to nights..

DJK Frank 16

Supporting Member
Hardin County
I'm thankful to be on days. I go back and fourth between 5x8's and 4x10's depending on what we have going on. Not sure how you night shifters do it, I would be dead!

Riverdude

The Happy Hunting Grounds Beyond
Supporting Member
Ashtabula, Ohio
When I am on the Rig I work 24 hours a day, 7 days a week and just take power naps when I can. Typically I am almost always on the Rig but my Rig went down 2 months ago and my new one will be here around the 20th of this month so I will be back at it. Love the job as a mudlogger.

woodyw333

Cincinnati Oh
When I am on the Rig I work 24 hours a day, 7 days a week and just take power naps when I can. Typically I am almost always on the Rig but my Rig went down 2 months ago and my new one will be here around the 20th of this month so I will be back at it. Love the job as a mudlogger.

Doesnt leave much in the way of a personal life or hunting time does it? But if you love the job thats whats important!

I am a Material Handler for GE, not a glorious job but it pays good and benefits are better than most out there.. for now anyway..