Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Strouds Scouting Trip - October 13th

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Who all is planning on attending the scouting trip? What are people's thoughts on how to go about things?

I will be there with my GPS and would like to get started early (around 8) so we can cover a good bit of ground and get out of there at a decent hour. I have a few places I want to look and will have some maps for us to look at before striking out. My general plan of attack was to mark as many acceptable hunting locations as I could on my particular loop so that I could drop people off on the way to the stand, then mark those on a map.

Can we tentatively plan on meeting at the campground between 8-8:30 on Saturday morning for those that are going?

Hoytmania

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Gods Country
Wont be able to make it. I traded on call weekend so Austin and I could make it down for deer camp. Keep us in mind while scouting though.

Gordo

Athens County
Im going to b hunting hard that weekend. But if you guys drop into athens for a beer let me know. I think its homecoming weekend so town will prob b a shit show

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
I am a maybe. Depends on the geese. I will be bringing my Millennium, climber and Double Bull just in case.

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
I want to get down and look around some more, Jesse. I may join you, but I'm gonna have to be out of there no later than 1pm to be back in time to get the shop opened up.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Working that weekend... But would appreciate any possible ground blind locations you feel is good.... I'll sit up against a tree and wait for them too stoll by or just be able too still hunt too a differant location....

Dannmann801

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Springboro
On the days of the hunt, I'm just planning to walk all over the forest stirring up the deer as a public service for my fellow TOO members.

That way everybody gets a deer.

(man i'm stir crazy today - need for this hunt to be here - I'm ready ready ready)

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
On the days of the hunt, I'm just planning to walk all over the forest stirring up the deer as a public service for my fellow TOO members.

That way everybody gets a deer.

(man i'm stir crazy today - need for this hunt to be here - I'm ready ready ready)

Me TOO buddy. Pregnant wife, two girls and slow at work this week but busy enough I can't hunt.

Ohiobowhunter1

Columbus
Jesse, I can't help that day with the JV football game that morning. If you want to mark some spots I may be able to help you fine tune some of them if I have ever been near that location before. Remember, I have hunted these hills around the campground and lake for 20 years...

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
I can't make it down but last I knew Dante was thinking about coming down for the scouting trip. Hope he chimes in and his plans haven't changed.

My plan, Show up for the hunt weekend and just go off maps and climb a tree somewhere. I don't care if I get anything or not as this will be the first time in years I have hunted another property then the ones I have with the exception of Fluteman letting me hunt his place last year. Can't see any less deer then I have the last week here lol.

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
I can't make it for the scouting trip cuz of the girls v-ball games this weekend. Still a go for the hunt though and looking forward to it!!!!!!!!!

huntn2

Hudson, OH
I am still a go for the big weekend. Too far to make it for scouting. I am looking to leave by 12:30 10/19 which will put me down there around 3:30-4.

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sounds that way... I'm gonna try to get down there on Saturday. Mason will be at his Grandpa's, so I will be traveling light if I can make it.

Gordo

Athens County
I have dinner plans about 5:30 p.m. on saturday. But if anyone wants to shoot the shit and/or grab a beer sometime before then drop me a line

Scarlet&Gray

S.E. Ohio
Im going to b hunting hard that weekend. But if you guys drop into athens for a beer let me know. I think its homecoming weekend so town will prob b a shit show

You ain't lyin. Enjoyed country night at RedBrick it was packed. Homecoming is one of my favorite weeks