Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Bulleit

Bulleit Bourbon that is....

I was at the local liquor store about a month ago and wanted a 5th of bourbon/whiskey that would sip well an not be over 25$(I was asking alot IMO)....The girl recommended this Bulleit bourbon frontier whiskey(23$)...The bottle looks cool as hell and I figured why not?While I don't consider myself a bourbon expert,I have to say I am VERY impressed with this stuff...Pretty smooth, medium to full bodied and WELL balanced..Just wondered how many bourbon drinkers on here have tried it?They also make a green label rye whiskey...Im a bit nervous to try that one..

http://www.bulleitbourbon.com/Legend.aspx

Last edited:
In my opinion this is definitely better then makers mark and regular knobb creek(and cheaper)..I like woodford but its not 50% better(but cost about 50% more)..Now if you get into single barrel Knobb or such,it might be a tough call...Taste buds vary,but Makers does nothing for me AT ALL....You never know if you don't try it..

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Bulleit Bourbon that is....

I was at the local liquor store about a month ago and wanted a 5th of bourbon/whiskey that would sip well an not be over 25$(I was asking alot IMO)....The girl recommended this Bulleit bourbon frontier whiskey(23$)...The bottle looks cool as hell and I figured why not?While I don't consider myself a bourbon expert,I have to say I am VERY impressed with this stuff...Pretty smooth, medium to full bodied and WELL balanced..Just wondered how many bourbon drinkers on here have tried it?They also make a green label rye whiskey...Im a bit nervous to try that one..

http://www.bulleitbourbon.com/Legend.aspx

Sorry man. Had to pick on you.. I can drink it but I'm not a huge fan. See if you can;t find a bottle of Eagle Rare.. Their single Barrel 10 year old bourbon is about 28 bucks. I have been telling people about this gem for a while that it was a diamond in the ruff when it comes to bourbon vs cost.. If you want the best look for their 17 year old single barrel bourbon. Just voted the Best American Whiskey in the world At the Whiskey Hall of Fame awards in London. But it's going to set you back about 70 bucks. But trust me. It's worth every penny. WAY better than the 10 or even 15 year old Bourbon.

http://www.eaglerare.com/17_year_old

Bottom line is this. If you're not drinking single barrel your drinking swill. Literally. Single Barrel bourbon is hand picked by the master distiller to represent their bourbon. It is what they are trying to achieve. Making good bourbon isn't an exact science, and it takes a decade or even two before you know if you got it right on that batch.. When the master distiller taps a barrel and tastes it then says "That's why we make bourbon" He sells that in single barrel bottles. It's the best of their craft.

What happens to the ones that don't make the cut. In the case of jack for example they're mixed. This barrel tastes like crap. Mix it with that one that tastes like crap and see if it's better.. Yep.. That's gentlemans jack.. The rest of these barrels mix them together and lets try to recover some money.. put a black label on that junk, they'll just mix it with coke anyway.. And that shit over there. Put a green label on it to keep the alcoholics happy.

Last edited:
I will have to try the Eagle rare 10yr old single barrel next time.....My taste buds like Bulleit over many others around the same price,but you got my curiosity peaked with this eagle rare single barrel....28$ a bottle sounds like a steal.....

Last edited: