Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Good luck today fellas!

Fluteman

Supporting Member
Southeast Ohio
Saw lots of deer moving on my way to work this morning, and just about hit one hell of a ten TOO! Should be a great day to be out in a stand! I get off at 6:30 this evening, and Kate is headed to the blind. I'm gonna head out there, and watch her night unfold from the hilltop with the binos! I should have grabbed the video camera this morning but I didn't. Anyway, good luck to you all! Keep me posted!

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Hope she smacks one tonight Flutey!!!

I'm golfing this morning and putting the nursery back together this afternoon. Doubt I hunt tonight. Just haven't been feeling it...

Huckleberry Finn

Just haven't been feeling it...

I know the feeling. Although I'll kill one this weekend if I had the chance, it just seems so damn early for me never having hunted early season before. Not getting to excited about anything but getting everything down pat for when I really want to hunt when it's constantly cool and the leaves are falling off.

But, I'm going to figured out this damn contraption called a Millenium this afternoon and hunt over a corn field edge.

Fluteman

Supporting Member
Southeast Ohio
I know the feeling. Although I'll kill one this weekend if I had the chance, it just seems so damn early for me never having hunted early season before. Not getting to excited about anything but getting everything down pat for when I really want to hunt when it's constantly cool and the leaves are falling off.

But, I'm going to figured out this damn contraption called a Millenium this afternoon and hunt over a corn field edge.

What are you talking about, the leaves are already coming down brother! Good luck this evening, both in killing something and staying awake in the stand! :D

Rutin

Ina Duck Blind
Couldnt make it out this morning bc of work so I checked cams this afternoon. Found some new scrapes and tracks of two good bucks from the past 24 hrs. Just tryin to figure out where to hunt tonight.

BGarrett

Belpre
I went out this morning to my in-laws to try out my new ghostblind. We bumped one going in and it didn't stick around.

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Yeah, I wish I could get out tonight but mom is coming to visit this afternoon and stay with us a few days. Looking forward to some family time here at our house.
Ron sent me a pic of a nice 10 killed this morning from down in the Athens area.

Goodluck to everyone able to hunt today!

Last edited:

Outdoorsfellar

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
I went out for the first time this season this morning. I TOO wanted to try out my new Ghostblind. I didn't see any deer while sitting there, but another hunter walked right by me without seeing me...lol. Just to show you what kind of luck I do have, I decided to move one of my mms trail cams nearby to another spot where I know it would have better luck & about 15 min after I moved it, a nice doe walked by....

I just may have to go back out this evening

Fluteman

Supporting Member
Southeast Ohio
You've got my kind of luck OF!

This is the text Kate sent me @ 5. She must be excited, cause I told her she could wait until 6 to go out..

" Leaving now, even showered and sprayed my self Down :) love you"

Got my fingers crossed for her!

Good luck out there fellas and stay safe!

Huckleberry Finn

You've got my kind of luck OF!

This is the text Kate sent me @ 5. She must be excited, cause I told her she could wait until 6 to go out..

" Leaving now, even showered and sprayed my self Down :) love you"

Got my fingers crossed for her!

Good luck out there fellas and stay safe!

That better be sprayed down with smoke!

Outdoorsfellar

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Well, I went back out after it stopped raining this afternoon. I used my climber this time around & on the way to my site, I came across my first scrape right where I knew one would be. I could've swore I heard a grunt after I got settled in, but the only action I had was a doe come from behind & underneath me. She never detected where I had walked, so I'll give it another try in the am. I did smoke down this am, but not this afternoon.