Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Bit slow, Night movement

at1010

*Supporting Member*
Opening weekend I saw a lot of deer, and had a lot of daytime movement.

I now have gotten much less movement this past week during the day and almost all night movement. Anyone else seeing this?

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Didn't see much tonight and I figured it would be a good night with the cooler temps. Saw a doe and passed on a 100" 8 point. It was pretty windy tonight and from my experience, winds over 10-15 mph keep the deer from moving much around here.

at1010

*Supporting Member*
Jesse I agree with that, I saw a few does sneak by me this AM right at first light. I was like OO YEAaaah gunna be a good night, and then nothing else moved except turkeys. Saw about 15 turkeys this morning.

I wish my farm had as many deer as turkeys and squirrels hahah!

My main notice was on my cams, I had about 900 pics to go through and they were almost all at night!

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
From another thread... Moonrise is at 22:24 tonight. Anyone wanna watch their cams between 9:30 and 11:30 tonight?

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
I just looked at a couple of BECs. They had deer on them around 5:15pm so I guess that shoots that theory a little.:)

LonewolfNopack

The woods
I saw one buck and one doe heading out to crop fields to eat. Saw the doe around 4:15 pm and the buck around 6:30 pm. The moon was directly underfoot at 5:59 pm.

Fluteman

Supporting Member
Southeast Ohio
Saw Kate's target buck standing in front of the groundblind, not 20y from it at 7pm. TOO bad she wasn't in it, cause I had to work today. There were four does with him in the field also. She's gonna go sit in the blind tomorrow evening, and I will meet up with her after work.

at1010

*Supporting Member*
welp I think my theory is also shot.

My buddy just called me and said he saw 20 slicks tnight, and his cousin saw 10.

I was supposed to hunt that farm tnight, but didnt have time to deal with a deer if I got one cause of family obligations tomorrow morning!!!

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Alex and I didn't see crap tonight but 6 coons come out of the same den tree. Cam check revealed doezilla on the corn Thursday morning and evening, yesterday morning and evening, and nothing today. We'll be at it again in the morning. This is an old doe, maybe 5. Big flabby thing.