Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Black gloves

I have been on the hunt for a pair of gloves that are light and wont break the bank(thin wrist cuff is a must)...So I found a pair in black,but Im curious what others think...Black is better then my white hands sticking out right?...

Last edited:

Fluteman

Supporting Member
Southeast Ohio
I hunt without gloves unless I absolutely need them. You paint your face, right? Do you not use black then? How about your safety harness and tree strap, what colors are they? Black will he just fine man, and great for when you are in a blind.

I hunt without gloves unless I absolutely need them. You paint your face, right? Do you not use black then? How about your safety harness and tree strap, what colors are they? Black will he just fine man, and great for when you are in a blind.
Yes I have painted but it wasnt solid black..Using the mask that came with my ASAT suit this yr..Harness is camo,and safety rope is kinda camo-ish(just happen to come that way.......

.I get it,I get it!!.. Fuggin bow is black but my stand an sticks are AP camo..Kinda back asswards aint it? TOO:smiley_blackeye:

Your eye patch is black ain't it?

Good point....

Guess I am just over thinking thing AGAIN...

Last edited:

Milo

Tatonka guide.
Here is what i use OMO. They are super thin and have grip strips on them. There are from rocky but i picked them up locally for like 3 bucks. I never ever wear heavy gloves when i bow hunt. Even in the super cold stuff.

Milo

Tatonka guide.
Pic

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1349560912437.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1349560912437.jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 89
Cut the wrist
Wonder why I didnt think of that? Hell I got a pair of turkey hunting gloves some place..Cutting the cuff might work
Shouldn't you be groping fluteman or something?!?
rotflmao
Milo I like how they narrow around the wrist..I am guess that is about the location of a wrist strap release?I had a dang pair of gloves I liked and lost one...I feel the probability of finding it is isn't good..Warmth isn't a issue,cause I picked up a muff last yr,its more of a feeling like my hands NEED covered

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I don't usually wear any gloves either... at least not until it gets pretty cold. More often than not, if a deer gets a look at my bare hands it's because I'm holding a bow pointed it's direction... and usually by then it's too late for the deer.

But to answer your question OMO... black gloves are fine man.

woodyw333

Cincinnati Oh
Go to a Military Surplus store and but a pair of pilot gloves.. They are thin but warm and they are long.. they stop about halfway between your wrist and your elbow.. come in od green, black and tan..