Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Unbelievable!

Monster Raxx

Minnesota
Well I wouldnt believe it if I didnt see the pics myself. The outfitter in North Dakota called and said I think I got a pic of your buck. I said it cant be you saw the footage there is no way that buck is alive...well he is!!! I will show the pic from the video again where it looks like the shot was behind the shoulder and then the pic of the buck the other day and I circled the spot you can see where the broadhead actually went into the quartering away buck. I still can not believe that shot didnt kill this buck. Again the shot was 22 yards, I shot at 70 pounds with a Full Metal Jacket arrow. I still cant believe it didnt blow right threw to the opposite shoulder :( but I am extremely happy he didnt die and just lay some where wasted.

mrex

*Supporting member*
I made the same shot Saturday...opposite side...and the deer never left my sight..

JD Boyd

*Supporting Member*
Urbana
You sure the arrow penetrated him. Looking at it again I can't see how he could of made it cause if it did penetrate it would of went right where you want it to go...

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
If it did I bet it went between his lungs and ribcage and is sitting just under his ribcage. Just slid right up under the ribs and with a mechanical not opening it could slip in and not hit a thing. Especially if the buck turned on impact to his right. Just a guess on my part. That last pic he still looks a little hunched up and has a little discomfort going on there.

Monster Raxx

Minnesota
You sure the arrow penetrated him. Looking at it again I can't see how he could of made it cause if it did penetrate it would of went right where you want it to go...

JD I am sure we watched the footage countless times, we figure the arrow went in some where from 10-12" here are 2 stills from the video where you can see the arrow sticking out. This is where he first ran TOO. There was blood there then it looked like guts blocked the hole plus the arrow was still in him. If you watch the footage you would think he wasnt going to leave that spot. I am super happy that the deer survived but like I was trying TOO say in the original post that it sucks when this happens. I would shoot that buck 10 out of 10 times like that and shoot him right where I did, there is no reason that arrow didnt blow right threw him.

Monster Raxx

Minnesota
The arrow is sticking out at a 45 degree angle so it could not have gone between the ribs and the skin or really just inside the ribs because then the arrow would be tighter to his body.

Gern186

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NW Ohio Tundra
He looks like he is hunched up and has lost some weight too. I hope someone else gets a shot at him because I would be surprised if he makes it through the year. He is alive, for now. Tough one MR. That shot looked good to me.