Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Do You Carry A Blade?

I always carry a knife unless unpermitted to do so by law. This comes from my Grandfather harassing me and my cousins whenever he caught us not having one on our person. He has been known to do this from the time he was a Lt. in Armys 2nd Armored Divison. He would line everyone up and tell them to pull out there pocket knives. Today I got some weird looks as I sliced open some packages here at work. I was just wondering how many of you carry a knife on you everyday and what you carry?
I carry a Kershaw Skyline most the time but I have pently of others to choose from.

Last edited:

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Every man should carry a knife. I carry one of these three. A case 2 blade. An Old Timer Schrade 3 blade Middleman, or an Old Timer Schrade 2 blade muskrat.

DJK Frank 16

Supporting Member
Hardin County
I have never purchased a decent knife, but I always have a small pocket knife that came with a tree stand I purchased years ago, I also have a winchester pocket knife that I received in a Christmas gift exchange. I usually have one or the other on me.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
I have never purchased a decent knife, but I always have a small pocket knife that came with a tree stand I purchased years ago, I also have a winchester pocket knife that I received in a Christmas gift exchange. I usually have one or the other on me.

If you do go buy one. Buy it from a garage sale etc. Schrade or Case. Don't buy new. Nobody makes em like they used to.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
I'm in the market for a good single blade folding hawk bill. Can't hardly find them anymore.

i carry an old timer 3 blade on me all times every where , i have a 12 inch bowie knoife in my car , another in the basement , and a few hide around the house in strategic spots , i could only hope a burgler breaks in and wants a hand to hand fight

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
Always! Feel completely nakes without it. I am kinda a bigger knife freak than guns. That is saying something!

Most carried - SOG Flash II in photo at the end
Next - Kershaw Tanto Blur
Beat around - Gerber Paraframe 3"
Woods - Buck Pathfinder...80's vintage

Beentown

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Like the others, I never leave home without a knife. I get weird looks from time to time, and sometimes people make smartass comments... but guess what, who do you think they all come to when they can't fuckin open something? Yep... the guy with the knife. Chicks dig guys with knives.

formerbowhunter1023

Now Posts as Jesse..
SE Ohio
Like the others, I never leave home without a knife. I get weird looks from time to time, and sometimes people make smartass comments... but guess what, who do you think they all come to when they can't fuckin open something? Yep... the guy with the knife. Chicks dig guys with knives.

So do college RA's that need to make a bowl out of a beer can! :) We were loved in college!!! You need a knife, so see the guys with the door covered in camo duct tape!!!

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member

That's cause they're men not some of the sissy boy metros... There was an article in redbook last month that said women are starting to gravitate back to real men. Funny.. I never saw a good woman want anything else.

In case you didn't catch that... No I don't read redbook. Lisa on 95.5 mentioned it in the morning show

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
So do college RA's that need to make a bowl out of a beer can! :) We were loved in college!!! You need a knife, so see the guys with the door covered in camo duct tape!!!

You need a knife for that.. All i need is something sharp, ink pen, nail, hell a stick will work in a pinch. lol

CJD3

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NE Ohio
ALWAYS.
I have rotated and have at least one from all the big players.
Just depends where I'm headed.

Gramp started me on always having one as a child. And how to keep it sharp w/ a stone. (yes. real men use a stone)

Riverdude

The Happy Hunting Grounds Beyond
Supporting Member
Ashtabula, Ohio
I have carried a Swiss Army knife for 15 years, before that I carried a single blade Buck. I have carried a knife since I was a kid.

Swantucky, I am going to start calling you MaGaver, lol.

Yea I carry one, only problem is we are not suppose to have them on the Pad or Rig, but I still do. Shit I can't tell ya how many times I have used it to cut my Poly Flow gas line tube and cutting tube for a splice. Even the rough necks come up to me and borrow it.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Why can't you have one on the rig??? Might get the urge to stab a roughneck?

Beentown

That would be my guess. Roughnecks work hard and fight at the drop of a hat. next thing ya know out comes the hawkbill knife.