Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Ughhhhh!!!!!!

at1010

*Supporting Member*
Well hunted a really populated area tonight, saw about 25 does all within 50 yards, needed them to come across this creek, and I could tag one, but got winded!!

Welp, Im pissed at myself, its like im a dumb rookie all over again.

Where do I order a sent smoker at? rush delivery.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Wow... that sucks.... but yeah scent smoker should have been in your arsenal by now..... smoke up and drop that doe that busted you!

at1010

*Supporting Member*
Thanks all,

I literally am sick I feel like I let my team down, and my roommates.

We are not starving, but we love eating deer, I knew I would get into them,but I fucked up, I am frustrated.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
We've all been there just not since we started using the scent smoker.... I've gotten busted through movement being seen but haven't been winded once since using it and most will say the same.... just ask Jackalope he was trying too disprove it when he bought his.... but he was a believer in no time....

at1010

*Supporting Member*
just ordered two of them! One for my farm, one for my truck for when I hunt everywhere else or go to the store! hahaha

Clothes are in no sent wash right now, and some are hanging in back yard off gutter!

Roomates think Im freaking nuts!

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
If you have an area too have a camp fire it'll work till you get your smokers delivered.... just put your clothes in the smoke from the fire.... just be careful not too burn them lol....

at1010

*Supporting Member*
yea I have a sent tote also that I put them in to keep them from getting contaminated.

I am now going to smoke the piss out of them, then go fill the freezer!

DJK Frank 16

Supporting Member
Hardin County
Sucks that you got winded, but you are going to love getting smoked up!! Best of luck on getting back in there and smoking one of those does!

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Scent Smoker is amazing. Just realize NOTHING is perfect. A deer's nose is an amazing thing. I smoke up, but I still play the wind. You know deer are going to pop up from directions you least expect them at times. This is when the Smoker helps. You know you still breath. Scent Smoker isn't going to cover our breath. You walk into your stand in boots. You can't smoke them up, then stop at the gas station to fill up while wearing your boots. Like I said, the Scent Smoker is amazing, but you shouldn't use it as a cure all. Amazing? Yes. A miracle worker? No. Will I go into the woods without smoking up? Hahahah, no.

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
They will ship today. I would imagine you will have them by tomorrow or Saturday at the latest. Good luck!

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Scent Smoker is amazing. Just realize NOTHING is perfect. A deer's nose is an amazing thing. I smoke up, but I still play the wind. You know deer are going to pop up from directions you least expect them at times. This is when the Smoker helps. You know you still breath. Scent Smoker isn't going to cover our breath. You walk into your stand in boots. You can't smoke them up, then stop at the gas station to fill up while wearing your boots. Like I said, the Scent Smoker is amazing, but you shouldn't use it as a cure all. Amazing? Yes. A miracle worker? No. Will I go into the woods without smoking up? Hahahah, no.

Yep. With 25 deer that close to you in an area they know 1,000 times better than you, don't expect a miracle. I believe you will better off with the smoker because I know I am and I'm not alone in that regard. Stay diligent with your scent killing, smoke up, hunt smart and you'll have table fare before long!!!

Bout sum's it up!!

at1010

*Supporting Member*
thanks for all the comments,

Like I said I hunt smart a lot of times I have such a drive to a place to hunt that once I get there when the wind shifts, Im fucked, so I either have to not hunt the stand or just see what happens.

I dress at the stand, I never wear my boots or clothes to gas stations, etc. I dress at the truck before I go in, I have everything in a sent tote, and I wear rubber boots. I spray down with sent spray as well.

I honestly think I just was lazy this year, and didnt wash my clothes from last year and they smelled a bit "musty"

Either way I am pumped for some smoking up and bow hunting this cold front!

at1010

*Supporting Member*
sounds like you got your stuff together , just remember shit happens have to put it out of your mind smoke up and kill that bitch !

Ya Im over it now, i take something away from every hunt or atleast try too.

In the past few years I would say I went from a novice 17 year old hunter to a 22 year old advanced hunter. I have already logged about 20 hours in the stand this year. I hunt hard, and long, I just have not had great luck with killing big deer,but I think that comes with age, knowledge, spots, luck, and PERSISTENCE.

I got at least one of those! hahaha

Good luck all!

DJK Frank 16

Supporting Member
Hardin County
Sounds like you have the right attitude AT, I hunted hard for close to 8 years before I finally connected on a decent buck with a bow. Just have to stay after it, and like you said try to take something away from each and every trip to the woods. Best of luck!