Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Found a nice one dead today

Carpn

*Supporting Member*
Wooster
IMG_20121003_131559.jpg
Was driving into a well today and found this buck. I called the landowners in case they knew who had lost one. I also asked if i could have it if they couldn't find out whose it was. It had been shot at the very back of the ribs and exited guts

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I am impressed with the deer. I am more impressed with you doing your part to contact the land owner to see if someone was looking for him. I know if I hadn't found a buck I had shot I would be ecstatic if someone found him and took the effort to help get him to me. You are a good man Jake!

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
Dang that sucks. Glad to hear you tried to track down the shooter for a recovery. Would really suck if I lost one like that and to find out somebody found it and took for themself.

Carpn

*Supporting Member*
Wooster
The way I see it if i get the rack it wouldn't mean Jack shit to me. Its just a dead deer. If i get the rack by default I will probably just use em for rattling horns anyways.
I don't think the 30% number is accurate . A lot of lost deer end up recovering from their wounds . Plus, I really don't find to many dead deer in a normal yr. I would guess it much lower ..but I would just be guessing. I could be totally wrong.

Carpn

*Supporting Member*
Wooster
If anything gun is worse than bow...In my opinion...More deer recover from archery wounds than gun inflicted wounds...Deer get wounded by both partys...I just think the nature of the wounds, and the time of yr allows archery deer to recover easier from superficial wounds.