Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Nu Wave Infrared Oven

Riverdude

The Happy Hunting Grounds Beyond
Supporting Member
Ashtabula, Ohio
Just a little FYI. As you guys know I am single, work on a rig for 4 - 6 weeks at a time. With my job I work 24 hours a day, 7 days a week and you sleep when you can. Over the last 3 - 4 years I have not cooked a meal in my house, it's all take out, my mom's house, or go to some place to chow down. So over the course of the last several years at like 3 to 4 in the morning the Info commercials come on and I have seen this one 1,000 times for this "Nu Wave Infrared oven" the size of a micro wave. I am tried of fast food and on the rig micro wave crap so today I went to a store and bought the "orginal" one that is not 4 easy payments of $33.99 and they drop the first payment if you order in the next 10 minutes, lol. This one was $80.00 bucks, I buy it, go to Kmart and pick up 3 steaks and some chicken to try it out before I take it with me to the new Rig.
Well Sum Bitch, this thing is the cats azz and then some!!! I cooked 2 steaks in 6 minutes and they were freaking awesome!!!! ( I actually ate 3 steaks ). Tomorrow I am going to try the chicken. You can cook everything on this little guy.
Just wanted to throw it out, think I may go get a second one so I can have one here and one at the Rig so I don't have to haul it back and fourth.

:smiley_cooking:

buckbuster217

*Supporting Member*
Byesville, Ohio
You better buy a third one TOO Riverdude, because ya know anything you really like they will discontinue and you will never be able to find the fuggers again!!!

Riverdude

Supporting Member
Ashtabula, Ohio
LOL, I bought the steak's from Kmart just to see how it would work, would not normally do that. Now I am baking cookies and rolls, Geeezzzzz's what has happened to me??

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
Brother, you need to get out to the dang woods and kill something. Those infomercials will break you lol.

I'm not even going to tell you what baking fricken cookies does to your rep and I might just have to tell the guys at the rig what you been doing with your off time lmao.

Riverdude

Supporting Member
Ashtabula, Ohio
Good luck with that Adam since I don't even know where I will be or don't know any of the guys, still waiting on my new rig which should be in a couple weeks. The Info commercials I see when I am on the rig not at home, lol. I think some vension would do quite well on my now love of my life. :smiley_cooking:

Hey Big Bro, I took the pictures I just have to figure out this Vivitar Sim Card reader with this new lap top. :smiley_confused_vra

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Glad to see you are still alive Dude. Keep eating K-Mart steaks and you might not last long though. Never would have guessed you could get a steak at K-Mart. lmao

Riverdude

Supporting Member
Ashtabula, Ohio
I only bought steak at Kmart because it was in the mall by the Kitchen store I bought the Nu Wave at. Lazy and did not want to drive else where plus I figured if it does not work well I am not throwing out a kick azz steak. Made cookies and rolls also last night and cooked up sausage this morning.

Mike it really is Awesome. Just FYI I bought the "orginal" one ( first one that came out ) and it was $80.00 They have the new ones with touch screen instead of the dial for abit more mooney but for me this worked out great. Look into Bro.

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
Great idea fellas. Badger can cook the man food and RD can bake the cookies as well as rolls topped with frosting and we can have a good ol buffet.

RD, you going to the hunt in a couple weeks in Athens ?

Riverdude

Supporting Member
Ashtabula, Ohio
You fuggers! lol.

Adam if I am not back on the Rig I will be there, just not sure with the timing yet.

Hey dem cookies were great, I have cooked more in the last 24 hours then I have in 5 years and that my friends is no BS. ( Other then Micro wave crap at the Rig. )

I need to see if I can do cup cakes, that would be nice, lol. For the record I just baked another batch of cookies and my Mom is coming over for dinner, New York Strip Steak and a chicken breast. Could not find the apron I was looking for dang it! :smiley_cooking:

Laugh all you want but when my steak is done in 6 minutes and you ball busters are still looking for a lighter fluid I will be laughing. Just kidding guys. I have to go check on my cookies now.

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
lmao

fuggin cookie monster is what your turning into....Ah,me love cookies

lmao.

Cookie-monster-bedtime.jpg

Riverdude

Supporting Member
Ashtabula, Ohio
LMAO, I will post photo's later tonight I hope. Got a new lap top and the card from my camera does not fit so I had to buy a Vivitar sim reader card and need to install that. By the way, my cookies came out great!, lol.