Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

nervous to hunt?

at1010

*Supporting Member*
I am hunting tomorrow, but this is a urban unit. It is legal, but I need to be totally secretive cause the neighbor is a ANTI, makes me nervous that I am going to be caught in a big scene, but the landowner wants the deer gone.

Anyone else ever deal with this?

cotty16

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
The lady across the street from me busts my balls all the time about killing Bambi. She hates that I do it and she hates that I have my kids involved. My favorite part about getting into my vehicle before I leave for a hunt is carrying my weapon to the truck and looking to see if she is out. If she is, I give her a wave with the hand holding the weapon. The ol' bow salute, if you will. Fugg em!

Do your thing man.

Gordo

Athens County
What everyone else said.

I cant think of one 'anti' that i know, and i know alot of tree hugging mofo's.

Ive been able to change the views of a couple by simply explaining to them what its really about.

But obviously, they still exist.

Good luck in getting it done!

at1010

*Supporting Member*
thanks all, I been thinking about it, I might have my buddy just drop me off, and pick me up.

Easier then causing a problem for the landowner, and its only a few mins from the house.

This place is loaded with Does so im hoping to GET IT DONE!

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
The lady across the street from me busts my balls all the time about killing Bambi. She hates that I do it and she hates that I have my kids involved. My favorite part about getting into my vehicle before I leave for a hunt is carrying my weapon to the truck and looking to see if she is out. If she is, I give her a wave with the hand holding the weapon. The ol' bow salute, if you will. Fugg em!

Do your thing man.

Mike she probably shit her pants when we all showed up for the rabbit hunt hahaha shotguns and dogs everywhere hahaha

woodyw333

Cincinnati Oh

Do your thing man.

Holy shit I think we have the same across the street neighbor!! lol

oakswamper

around Toledo
Every few years they have a draw hunt (don't know if they still do it) at the lewis cambell park that butts up to my property, about 10 years ago (maybe more) they had one during gun season and a bunch of anti's showed up banging trash can lids together to screw the guys hunting in the park.

I guess they didn't realize there were 3 of us hunting across the street and they ran deer right to us lol.. I had to be an ass and tell em thanks, they were not to happy ;)

Buckmaster

Portage
I used to hunt in Bainbridge. It really didn't seem like hunting while hanging at the back of a subdivisions. You could here neighborhood conversations, watch kids on the swingset playing, dogs barking, traffic, etc. It didn't seem like hunting more like I was "lurking" in a tree. It was a wierd feeling and I only hunted there a couple times before the wierdness scared me off. There are some monster urban deer there though.

at1010

*Supporting Member*
I used to hunt in Bainbridge. It really didn't seem like hunting while hanging at the back of a subdivisions. You could here neighborhood conversations, watch kids on the swingset playing, dogs barking, traffic, etc. It didn't seem like hunting more like I was "lurking" in a tree. It was a wierd feeling and I only hunted there a couple times before the wierdness scared me off. There are some monster urban deer there though.

I agree, not sure if I like it tho, might just not be for me.

gavennn

I have quit trying to make the Anti's happy. I do what I have to and just try not to provoke them