Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Things i sometimes think about.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Why do doctors push flu shots so hard this time of year? Wouldn't it be in their best financial interest to not push them? Have them for those who ask, but why push them. That is unless flu shots are actually what spreads the flu. hmm. So the flu strains always changes from one season to the next. How do they know what it's going to be long enough before it happens that they can grow a sample and generate enough dead virus vaccines to immunize the planet. hmmmmmmmm.

Why did hong Kong only have 4.4 cases of swine flu per 1,000 people while iceland had 28 per 1,000 when hong kong populace by in large refused the vaccine. :smiley_chinrub: And it came from China!

Last edited:

jeremy44230

Medina County
I don't necessarily believe in flu vaccines... Maybe for those who are elderly or sick, but I think it's ok to get sick from time to time.

It's important for our bodies to know how to fight illness. Think it makes us stronger in the long run.

Could be 100% wrong but that's just me.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Where's my tin foil hat?!?

Definitely some food for thought right there. I don't trust the medical community by and large, hence the reason I don't go to the doctor unless I absolutely have to. IMO, they don't have our best interest in mind...

aholdren

Supporting Member
South East Ohio
I don't get them either. Besides that is what sick time is for and I usually save that for when Im not sick :smiley_crocodile:

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Wish I didn't get them but my uncle makes me if I still want employed..... Have gotten a flu shot every years since 1980 and have had the flu about 50% of the time after getting it..... They look at the stats roll the dice and say it's going too be this strain this year..... That's why they call it Private PRACTICE...... Just sayin.... Given enough oppotunities the medical profession will kill you.....

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Wish I didn't get them but my uncle makes me if I still want employed..... Have gotten a flu shot every years since 1980 and have had the flu about 50% of the time after getting it..... They look at the stats roll the dice and say it's going too be this strain this year..... That's why they call it Private PRACTICE...... Just sayin.... Given enough oppotunities the medical profession will kill you.....

When I was in the military I had to get one also. And that's about right, i would still get it 50% of the time. Haven't got one since 2005 and haven't got the flu in 7 years either. lol.. I also had back problems at 24 when in the Army.. Typical stuff. Your back needs exercise, go to physical therapy, do all these exercises, here is a profile for 3 days yada yada yada.. Got out of the army and quit running 15 miles a week on asphalt and an amazing thing happened.. No back problems. I hate to think what was in those Anthrax vaccines they forced us to take under threat of jail time.

Diane

*Supporting Member*
Newark
My Gramma lived to 98. My Grampa lived to 96. Neither of them believed in flu shots and all that crap and were healthy right until the end of their lives.

Matter of fact, Grampa was still mowing his own grass (push mowing), had been yelled at by his kids for being up on the roof of his house (checking shingles) and what killed him was over-shooting his distance in the garage and hitting the back wall with his car. He jacked up his car to check it for damage and hurt his hip. He was put into a rehabilitation nursing home for it to heal and he got so depressed over losing his independence that he died a few weeks later. He just lost the will to live.

A flu shot is an "educated guess" as to what strain it will be that year and I stay far away from them.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
My Gramma lived to 98. My Grampa lived to 96. Neither of them believed in flu shots and all that crap and were healthy right until the end of their lives.

Matter of fact, Grampa was still mowing his own grass (push mowing), had been yelled at by his kids for being up on the roof of his house (checking shingles) and what killed him was over-shooting his distance in the garage and hitting the back wall with his car. He jacked up his car to check it for damage and hurt his hip. He was put into a rehabilitation nursing home for it to heal and he got so depressed over losing his independence that he died a few weeks later. He just lost the will to live.

A flu shot is an "educated guess" as to what strain it will be that year and I stay far away from them.

Same with my grandfather.. Healthy as an ox. Never even took so much as an aspirin. played 4 rounds of golf a week and never took a cart. Twisted his ankle out squirrel hunting. Doc gave him blood thinners to prevent a clot. He had a stroke and bled out in the brain. never had a stroke before, heart attack and was in awesome shape for being 76.. One trip to a doctor for a broken ankle. Dead within 3 months. According to U.S. government statistics, you are 6200% more likely to be killed by your doctor than by a homicidal shooter.

Diane

*Supporting Member*
Newark
According to U.S. government statistics, you are 6200% more likely to be killed by your doctor than by a homicidal shooter.

I absolutely believe this. I get a periodic pain in my side from time to time and my doctor (not anymore!) wanted me to have gall bladder surgery even though all tests said I had a perfect functioning gall bladder. WHY would I agree to a surgery that isn't needed?

The worst part is so many people just blindly follow whatever a doctor tells them.

rgecko23

*Supporting Member*
Massillon, Ohio
Never got a flue shot till i was in the military. After I got out i never got another one. I ended up getting one last year and got sicker than a dog. I will never get another government pushed flu shot.

Ohiosam

*Supporting Member*
Mahoning Co.
Why did hong Kong only have 4.4 cases of swine flu per 1,000 people while iceland had 28 per 1,000 when hong kong populace by in large refused the vaccine. :smiley_chinrub: And it came from China!

Most of these flues originate in China, the Chinese most likely have some immunity towards them.

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
Never had a flu shot nor will I ever get one. The wife and 2 out of the 3 kids get them every year. My son is the only one of the kids that doesn't get the shot. Guess who doesn't get a cold or sick as often as his mom and 2 sisters lmao. Me and the boy get one good cold a year and that's it. Flu, we don't get them very often but if we do we seem to regain our health faster as well. The first year the wife got him his flu shot he got sicker then hell and after that I told her he is NOT getting another one if I have anything to say about it and so far I am winning ;)

Gern186

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NW Ohio Tundra
Yep, I never get them either and rarely get sick. I eat a lot of wild game, particulalarly deer meat. I think that eating wild game has something in it that helps with immunity.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
When I was in the military I had to get one also. And that's about right, i would still get it 50% of the time. Haven't got one since 2005 and haven't got the flu in 7 years either. lol.. I also had back problems at 24 when in the Army.. Typical stuff. Your back needs exercise, go to physical therapy, do all these exercises, here is a profile for 3 days yada yada yada.. Got out of the army and quit running 15 miles a week on asphalt and an amazing thing happened.. No back problems. I hate to think what was in those Anthrax vaccines they forced us to take under threat of jail time.

Got a story you should hear, I'll relay it too you @ the hunt..... The evils of anthrax.....