Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Weekend of October 6-7th

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
What are everyone's plans this weekend?

The weather for here looks a lot like deer killing weather...

I had big plans of wrapping up all my outside work for the year this weekend, but that may not happen now given the forecast. Our baby furniture came in today and I bought paint, so I may be finishing up the nursery instead. Still not sure if I will hunt or not. I'm taking the "less is more" approach this year, so I may stick to my guns despite the weather...

DJK Frank 16

Supporting Member
Hardin County
I'm tied up Saturday, may make my first trip to the woods Sunday if nothing else comes up. After this weekend, the majority of my commitments will be taken care of, and I will be spending some time on the lake and in the woods.

Ohiobowhunter1

Columbus
I will be at Strouds Run all day on Sunday, weather forcast for Athens says 32L and 58 high w/a NW wind at 6mph. With these cooler temps I may start to move in to some of my other set ups in preperation for the Rut. I only have 4 more Sunday hunts until my vaction this year which starts Nov 1st through the 15th.

DJK Frank 16

Supporting Member
Hardin County
Just took a look at our forecast, calling for low's down to 36 Saturday night and 34 Sunday night. It will be really hard not to be in a tree this weekend at least for a couple sits.

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
Chance of rain here Saturday and plus I have to work. I might try and get out after work but that will put me in my stand way too close to the golden hour so I might not go. I will for sure be in a stand Sunday and again Monday with the temps looking the way they are. Should have the deer up and moving.

rgecko23

*Supporting Member*
Massillon, Ohio
im hunting sat morning and sunday evening. Rain or shine, i'll be out there. the big buck I missed last year came in during a drizzle in the morning.

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I'll probably hunt a day or two this weekend... nothing crazy. I have Monday off also so I may even make another trip to Carroll County.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
I'm going too try and be on stand Fri-Tues..... I plan on having bed sores on my backside by tuesday or something in the freezer...... :smiley_coolpeace:

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
My bride is insisting I go hunt on Saturday evening. It's one of the few times I've thought she had a moment of inspiration. :) I think I will take Mason to Athens on Sunday, make a day of it. I'd like to sit the stand Mrex and I put up for him before the deer gobble up all those acorns!

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I will be in Ft Recovery all weekend attempting to sell tree stands while all my perspective customers are in the woods. :smiley_crocodile: