Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

3 days

Diablo54

Outside
The first three days of the season have been very exciting for mound hill and I,

It started with a morning hunt on opening day. No deer were sighted but we had dogs running through and all kinds of things discouraging us.

That night we opted to go to my groundblind beetween 2 of my food plots. I had my recurve in the blind. While jake had his compound and the video camera. 45 min into the hut we had a doe and her youngin come in. I tried to draw but my recurve was too long for the blind. So after busting the does with my limb rubbing the top of the blind I decided to grab jakes bow for the next shot. I ha shot jakes bow several times that summer and always shot well with it. 30 min later a big doe steps out at 20 yards and I shot her. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1349191777.150436.jpg

Jake and I joked about killing a deer every day of the season as we gutted her. Little did we know it was going to keep happening.

The next night I set up in a new food plot of mine. 3 does worked there way into recurve range and I shot one of the young ones. Jake helped me track the next morning and she didn't go to far.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1349191900.329696.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1349191914.748470.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1349191926.925990.jpg

That night we went back to the groundblind. Me with the vid cam and jake with bow in hand. 1 hr in. We had 2 young bucks come through at 25 yards. 30 min later a big doe at 20 yards. Jake says 25? On the video and in my head I'm thinking 20? But I keep my mouth shut. He knows just as well as me. So he shoots. He knocks the hair of her back thats it. He's disappointed and so am I. I was really wanting three in a row. But little did we know that 20 min later he would get a second chance at 5 YARDS haha from the ground that's super close. He smacks her through both lungs and the heart. We could see her from the blind. Her brother who I had pictures of him and her together the evening before stands over her for 20 min tryin to figure out what's wrong. Jakes mean...shot my little button bucks sister and hurt his feelings!
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1349192217.843961.jpg

Now I'm cutting them up for canned deer meat
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1349192258.614174.jpg

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Fresh deer burger sandwiches with French fries and a few beers.......just sayin..............

Great read and excellent start to you guys season.:smiley_clap: