Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

OUCH! "Graphic"

RUT NUT

Found this on Twitter yesterday. How the heck does something like this happen?! ImageUploadedByTapatalk1349174067.092680.jpg

Yep...been there, seen that. A few years back I was at a local archery pro shop when a guy walks in with a carbon arrow sticking through his left hand. He'd been shooting for best group, in a sand pit, with BROADHEADS. Nuts! You don't shoot for best group with broadheads, you shoot individual targets for consistancy...it's the same thing, but you don't ruin other arrows.

Anyway, he'd scored one of his carbon shafts with a broadhead blade and didn't know it had a fracture/crack in it. When he shot that arrow it shattered and penetrated the back of his hand, between the thumb and forefinger and came out between the first and second fingers. Yep...he was crying, shaking, sweating and disoriented. I felt bad for him.

It was the first time that I'd ever had to use my Red Cross First Aid training. It worked like a charm! Everything happened just like in the training videos and the guy was transported to the hospital to get it removed. He never lost any use or feeling in his hand. A happy ending for everyone involved. :smiley_blink:

Bowhunter57

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Didn't someone post a picture a couple of years back about his nephew doing the same thing? I'm with Sam and those buggers fuggin hurt.....

Redhunter1012

Supporting Member

This is my nephew tyler. He was shooting with my other nephew that morning and they damaged that arrow. He kept it in his pocket until they were done, then put it in his quiver for some reason. Later that night he went back out to shoot and as soon as he hit the release the arrow shattered

Last edited: