Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Slick Trick flies true and hits the mark on opening day

Dannmann801

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Springboro
Could only hunt 2 hrs Sat morning.
At 9 I was getting ready to leave the stand when she came around a tree and presented a broadside shot.
Slick Tricks fly true.
Clean pass thru, didn't lose any meat.

IMAG0063.jpg

IMAG0062.jpg

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Holy blood bath batman!!!!! Great shotin there tex!!!!! Well now that you've drawn first blood where's the deer pictures????

Dannmann801

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Springboro
Sometimes ya just need to kill somethin. It's joined the crew in the freezer, waiting for a few more to try a recipe.

Where's the bucket? LOL, soon enough I hope, soon enough.....

Dannmann801

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Springboro
That isn't even the best part of the day......
As I was unloading wood for the landowner, his neighbor who was doing some bushoggin for him came over and helped me unload. We talked for a good while and hit it off, and he asked me if I had a blank permission slip. Now have access to HUGE adjacent property that only 4 other guys can hunt. Bottomland, hillsides, and part of it is adjacent to a nature preserve where no hunting is allowed. THAT was the big score of the weekend.

It's pickle time:pickle:

Dannmann801

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Springboro
Yeah, instead of hunting Sat afternoon we took our 4wheelers all over the property and he showed me the boundaries and game trails.
Saw deer 3 different times.
I gotta tell you, I have a great feeling about it, and made a new friend to boot. The weekend couldn't have gone any better.

Sunday morning I was in my most trusted ground blind and saw two deer...one came straight at my stand but no shot opportunity as they were on the run, being chased by dogs. Later that morning, as I was helping the neighbor load a tractor tire, a different dog came to the house....he had a collar, and was just skin and bones, looked starved....would fall down every few steps....I put him in the truck and got to a phone, called the owner. Asked him to meet me, but he said "I don't got any way to git there...." Got directions and took the dog back, but didn't really have a good feeling about that dog's chances.

I can't go into all the different good things from this weekend, just a whole lot of little things that were really good. No deer down and only two 2hour hunts, but a great weekend nonetheless.

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sounds like a great weekend, Dan! Glad you had a good time and made a new friend...doesn't hurt to have more places to hunt!