Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Cousin's First Compound Kill... 10 Point Down!

Mao

Coshocton, OH
Yesterday my cousin and I went with some friends and did some bow drives in Dresden. I was a "driver" which consists of stalking through the woods trying to just bump the deer up or sneak up for a shot myself when my cousin arrowed this buck. I got near the end of the drive and cut across a trail of good blood. When I reached the shooters I found out that my high school cousin drilled a nice buck at 20 yards, broadside, looking back over the hill at me. He did not make it to far and crashed in the next creek from where he was arrowed. My cousin Derek was jacked. This was his first compoud bow kill and his first buck. It was a great opening weekend!
drock.jpg

Schu72

Streetsboro
Very nice. The wife's family always do late season bow drives. I've always wanted to go but it has never worked out.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Wow, that's a cool way too get his first deer and a buck too boot!!!!! Do you do a lot of drives like this? If so what are the usual results????? Congrats too the young man.....

Fullbore

South Eastern Ohio
Heck yeah! Thats a fun way TOO do it! We used to go after them in the 80's like that. We got a lot of deer up like that. When the rut gets slow, during lock down. Thats a good way to stir em up! Congrats to your cousin!

Mao

Coshocton, OH
Wow, that's a cool way too get his first deer and a buck too boot!!!!! Do you do a lot of drives like this? If so what are the usual results????? Congrats too the young man.....

Every year opening weekend the same group of guys do these. Sometimes they do it on the second weekend as well. After that not much at all. This is my third year of doing them with this group. Usually a couple does get shot. Every drive we see deer. On rare occasions a big buck will pop out but not real often. The biggest killed this way was a 10 point that scored 153.

Mao

Coshocton, OH
Heck yeah! Thats a fun way TOO do it! We used to go after them in the 80's like that. We got a lot of deer up like that. When the rut gets slow, during lock down. Thats a good way to stir em up! Congrats to your cousin!

I love the adrenaline rush. When you are a shooter you know you are probably going to have deer come out in front of you and you never know what it is going to be. Can be pretty exciting.