Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Great start to my season!

Kaiser878

ohio
Saturday morning I went out...saw a couple does....

Went to check a cam with a buddy afterwards...Stand was gone, srew in steps were gone and the straps for the stick were cut but the climbing stick was still there....

YEsterday afternoon, I went to one property....a black truck was sitting there with wayne county plates....I called the land owner and he said he would be over...I posted up at their truck with shotgun in hand....HE came over the hill on the 4-wheeler and he flushed them out like we were driving deer....THeir eyes got about as big as watermelons when they saw me standing there..After I went bananas on them the owner arrived and went bananas on them....CLearly, they knew they were tresspassing.....

Went to the next spot....A spot I have high hopes for...sat there about an hour and them BOOOOMMMM. Boooommm...shot hitting the tree Im sitting in directly. It wasnt raining shot, it was direct shot....THen it happened again, then a 22 bullet went whizzing by me....So once again I went bananas and out emerged 2 dirty beard pissing in amish.....Once again, tresspassing.... After I called them everything but whitemen, we established they were not to be there. SO at thsi point my night was screwed and I assume that spot is also...THere are 3 deer on this one property that are 4+... Mature deer dont tolerate such BS...

WHen everyone is scratching their heads and wondering why leasing is so bad... Well here you go.... I just dont understand why people are so stupid....Ok my rant is done...

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
Lease or not things like this will happen. Just because you tossed down a grand doesn't put a magic fence around the property.
Sucks to hear your spots are being screwed up by people that have little reguard for others and saftey man. That sucks for sure. Here is to high hopes you can still pull out a good one this season Zach.

Milo

Tatonka guide.
zach sorry bud..man did the landowner call the cops on the wayne county guys? ohio really needs to address this issue

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Mason and I walked past to tresspassers that were fishing the creek yesterday. Not a lot I'm gonna do about that since the landowner doesn't mind too much. It didn't effect as at all thankfully, and we still had a great hunt. Idiots are just part of hunting in Ohio. The good thing about hunting in a low-deer area is that we no longer have too many folks hunting!:) Glad you survived the experience.

Kaiser878

ohio
zach sorry bud..man did the landowner call the cops on the wayne county guys? ohio really needs to address this issue

No....No sense in it...It would have been 3 hours minimum before they got there...We have some class act law enforcement in our county...

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio

Yup. When you have trespassers taking shots at you, this is an issue. It is possible they were just squirrel hunting (thus the 22's), but they were still trespassing. Anyone taking shots at other hunters needs to be dealt with by the law.

Milo

Tatonka guide.
I got some of them big zip ties i could send up to you. you could zip tie them to their reese hitch and leave them there until the cops had time to free them and write them a ticket. You should cut he beards off the amish...floor mat time eh? Was it the ones you told me about buy that property? got your email by the way

Kaiser878

ohio
I got some of them big zip ties i could send up to you. you could zip tie them to their reese hitch and leave them there until the cops had time to free them and write them a ticket. You should cut he beards off the amish...floor mat time eh? Was it the ones you told me about buy that property? got your email by the way

Oh its def floor mat time!!!!!!!! This was the property with the recent arrivals from last week....I Dont think I told you about these ones...THis is about 15 min north west of my house....But the wayne countiers were on that back side farm with the thick brush every where and the really good fence row comnig off the hill.....

at1010

*Supporting Member*
hang in there buddy, Itll turn around for you. Opening day people think they are gunna be the next mike waldell then they realize hunting aint that easy and no one is in the woods for several weeks or atleast till the orange army.