Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Hoyts 2012-13 hunting story

Hoytmania

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Gods Country
Well here is the start of a new season. Getting ready to leave and go get in the stand with Austin. This will be the first time he has been in a stand since 2009. Its been a long time coming. Just hoping to have some action for him.

Hoytmania

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Gods Country
You guys are TOO funny. Been settled in for a while. Back on the farm that started it all for Austin and I. This os the farm that we both harvested our first deer on.

Hoytmania

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Gods Country
Ended up seeing a total of 4 deer. One nice sized doe and her yearling. Then two button bucks. Ended up moving the set to a sweet spot and I have no clue why I have never thought of this spot before. I'll give it a week or so and then go hunt it.

Sightings
Bucks -0
Doe-2
Button bucks-2
Hours on stand-4

Harvest
Bucks-0
Doe-0

Hoytmania

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Gods Country
Looks like I will be heading to a new property that mu nephew is turning me onto. It is about 100 acres of woods with tree nursery. Excited to see what develops. He said the other night when the owner was showing him the property boundaries he saw about 30 deer and a couple of them where bucks.

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Awesome Hoyt! Goodluck this evening.

I just got home, showering then shooting a couple shots and heading to the tree myself.

Hoytmania

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Gods Country
Well got down here and met up with my nephew. He showed me the property and figured out where we would setup for the night. Got settled into the climber at 6:10. At 6:16 I took this. Man I love inside corners!
uploadfromtaptalk1348958684620.jpg

A solid 2 1/2 year old 8 pointer. This nursery is tore up with rubs all over the place. Just waiting on a big old nanny to come strolling through.

Hoytmania

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Gods Country
Finished off the evening with just that one buck sighting. I am heeled about this new property.

Sightings
Bucks-1
Does-2
Button bucks-2
Coyotes-1
Hours on stand -6

Harvest
Bucks -0
Does -0