Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Either Sex Tags

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Can anyone think of a good reason to buy two either sex tags at this point in the dance?

Just tried to educate a young lad who felt he needed to educate me. I just laughed and told him the DNR appreciated his $9 donation...

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Not a one Jesse.... one either and one antlerless..... then if I need another it'll be another antlerless....

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
I paid the extra 9 for a 2nd either or tag for the first time in my hunting career. I have the prop close to home that allows me to hunt much later into the season. I don't like shooting a doe early and not having the colder weather to let one hang for 4-5 days. It also allows me to hunt more areas if one arises but ODNR is definitely bending us over with the 15 dollar doe permits expiring anytime before seasons end.imo

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
I can see buying one if you were in Ric's position. However this kid was "going to kill the buck he had patterned on Saturday morning and the kill a doe that night". So I asked why he didn't just buy the $15 antlerless tag and apparently he "can't use those where he hunts". I asked where he hunted and he wouldn't say, so I laughed. Dumb fuck...

Fullbore

South Eastern Ohio
I think ODNR gets enough of our cabbage! We are gonna take it easy on the does this year on our lease. We were pretty hard on them last year. So I will shoot one on our property if the shot presents itself. Landowner the bitch! Lol.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
If I don't shoot a doe before gun season, I eat my antlerless tag. If I buy 2 either or tags I can use either one until the end of the season. In our area, it is a $9 gamble. If you don't use the $15 permit, now you spent $15 AND you have to go drop another $24 to shoot a doe in the late season. That doe tag just cost you $39. I don't plan on killing 2 deer early season. I will buy one either or. When I use it I will buy another.

Boone

*Supporting Member*
N.E. O-H-I-O
One at a time for me. I hunt some urban zone too, but I would rather by them one at a time. Too much gets taken out of my paycheck as it is!

ohio
I paid the extra 9 for a 2nd either or tag for the first time in my hunting career. I have the prop close to home that allows me to hunt much later into the season. I don't like shooting a doe early and not having the colder weather to let one hang for 4-5 days. It also allows me to hunt more areas if one arises but ODNR is definitely bending us over with the 15 dollar doe permits expiring anytime before seasons end.imo

Unless you hunt in an urban area

Huckleberry Finn

I haven't even read the tags regs...I bought an either and a doe tag.

Last year I bought just the either tag and used it, bought another either. Figured I'd take the doe tag gamble this yr

Alphamax10

Kirtland, Ohio
The only reason I can think of and this is out of experience. I am hunting in Brecksville Ohio, I have an urban 11 acres plot to hunt on and had to get permission through the city. Their rules state that I have to kill two doe before I can harvest a buck from the city limits. So, this is the only reason I will be buying another one this early.

dante322

*Supporting Member*
Crawford county
Their rules state that I have to kill two doe before I can harvest a buck from the city limits. So, this is the only reason I will be buying another one this early.

but you can use antlerless tags on them, still no reason to buy an additional either sex tag. you can still only kill one buck, and at this point, why waste an either sex tag on a doe.

xbowguy

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Licking Co. Ohio
If he is fairly young, Momma probably bought it so he doesn't care what he paid. (Not allowed to use antlerless tags was a cover-up for feelin' Toopid) Just thinking.......