Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

First Annual TOO Group Deer hunt.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member

(Please post below if you plan on attending so we can get an estimated headcount. Thanks)

As many of you are aware we've been planning a TOO Group Deer hunt at Strouds Run State park for the 19th - 21st. (Fri-Sun) All are welcome to attend. Thanks to Mike Rex we have the Group campground reserved capable of hosting up to 100 tent campers. There are also primitive cabins available for 40 bucks a night that have 4 bunks. However those will need to be reserved yourself by calling Shelly at 740 594 2628..

I will personally be getting there very early Friday morning and staying through Sunday evening. As with all TOO gatherings bring a hearty appetite and whatever food items you wish.

All Game laws apply including restrictions on not being allowed to hunt over bait on public land.

If you wish to donate your harvested deer to Farmers and Hunters Feeding the Hungry I will be making the 15 mile trip to a processor in Albany Ohio. There are processors more local if you wish to keep your deer however I am unsure of the turnover time. We will provide an area with tables for you to quarter up your deer if you wish to place them in your Ice Chests. Field dressing of deer is allowed however all remains from processing must be taken with you and not disposed of in refuse containers.

A scouting trip will be held the weekend before on Saturday the 13th for those wishing to scout, hang stands, and plan their hunt. When I scout I will mark possible stand sites on a map and copy GPS coordinates for those who can't make it to the scouting trip but don't want to show up hunting blind the next weekend. These areas will simply be a suggestion of where someone might consider putting their stand. Please bring your own stands be it climbers, sticks and hang-ons, or blinds. Pursuant to Ohio laws no screw in steps, nails, bolts etc may be placed in trees.

There are hunting areas inside Strouds Run park as well as large areas of Wayne National Forrest to hunt.

I think we're going to have a fun filled deer killing time.

Here is a link to the Park Map. We will be in the Group campground area

Park Website

[MAPS]https://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&client=firefox-a&ie=UTF-8&q=strouds+run&fb=1&gl=us&hq=strouds+run&cid=0,0,16336173830722970310&ei=U2lgULKCH8btygHVsICoCw&ved=0CIQBEPwSMAA[/MAPS]

stroudsrun-bn.jpg

Last edited:

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
I'm planning on being there as well....Charles you want too go in on a cabin? We should be able too find 4 of us and it'll make it 10.00 a night..... I won't be able too make it down the weekend before since I have to either work the 13/14 or the 20/21.... So the scouting tripp will take a hit.....

dante322

*Supporting Member*
Crawford county
I'm planning for it. I have to teach a class on the 13th so the scouting trip is a no go.

I intend to tent camp in a six man cabin tent so I have room if someone needs a spot to sleep and store their gear. I can also bring a spare 4 man if needed.

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
I'll be there. Not sure if I'm bringing the tent or just a sleeping bag and lay the seats down in the Jeep again like I did at the last TOO camping trip. See what the weather man says I guess lol.

Curran

Supporting Member
Central Ohio
I really wish I could make this one. With my trip to North Dakota & the onslaught of work travels coming up in October I just can't swing it this year. It's gonna be a great time with some great people. Just make sure you all keep posting through your phones so I can camp vicariously behind the computer screen. An kill some deerz TOO!

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
I'm planning on being there as well....Charles you want too go in on a cabin? We should be able too find 4 of us and it'll make it 10.00 a night..... I won't be able too make it down the weekend before since I have to either work the 13/14 or the 20/21.... So the scouting tripp will take a hit.....

I know JohnROhio was contemplating it also.

Joe, Brock, Whoever,

Are the cabins and tent area connected with a central area for grub/bs'ing? I am down for a cabin but don't wanna have to trek across the fairgrounds to get to the group.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
I know JohnROhio was contemplating it also.

Joe, Brock, Whoever,

Are the cabins and tent area connected with a central area for grub/bs'ing? I am down for a cabin but don't wanna have to trek across the fairgrounds to get to the group.

I wouldn't hink it'd be too far of a stagger over too it.....

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Disappointed, but I will not be able to attend. First weekend in October we have a show. Erin is out of town one weekend in November. I am out of town one or possibly 2 weekends in November to rifle hunt KY. Plus Erin works that weekend. I just can't fit another weekend in the schedule right now. You guys are going to have a blast!

Lundy

I will be down there that weekend, close to you, working on stands, etc. I plan on stopping by the meet you guys

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio

I will bring a tent but if you guys need another person I'll pay 10 and stay in a cabin. So far, nothing on our schedule at home is conflicting for me making the trip. I plan on being there as it stands.