Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

EOW (End of Watch)

matt hougan

Dayton area
September 10th was my last day as a police officer. I resigned my commision from Waynesville back in May and turned in my resignation from Miami Valley Hospital police dept in September. I also sold my lawn care business. I took a job selling use cars at a huge dealership near the Dayton Mall. So far things are going very well. Even thinking about selling my truck/plow/salter.

Dont miss the mowing and the landscape at all. Don't miss all the politcal B.S. of being a police officer either for that matter.

Now I'm down to one job and hopefully that will allow more time with the family, church and hunting.....

Dannmann801

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Springboro
Contrary to popular opinion, being in sales does NOT mean that you have sold your soul to the devil.
I wish you good fortune and success in your new endeavor - hard-working salespeople are what drive our economy.
best wishes to you

Curran

Supporting Member
Central Ohio
Best of luck Matt!

I may have to get a hold of you here in the future. We're planning on running my wife's vehicle as long as possible, but at some point we're gonna be done throwing money at it. I'd much rather buy from and support a fellow TOOzer!

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Congratulations, Matt! I'm a firm believer these days in working to live, not living to work! Anytime you change your vocation to allow more time for family and fun, you've made the right choice IMO.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Congratulations, Matt! I'm a firm believer these days in working to live, not living to work! Anytime you change your vocation to allow more time for family and fun, you've made the right choice IMO.

Agreed. I grew up with a father who lived to work and is still that way. I probably went TOO far the other direction, but I do believe in enjoying this life we've been given.

Congrats on the change Matt. Hope it works out for the best for you and the family!