Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Team 11 - The Buck Hammers

Derek j

Knox Co.
Hey all!! Lets get this group started and see if we can make a run for the title! How does everyone's season look at this point? I will probably get out on Sunday or Tuesday by the latest....school and work will interfere the first couple days for me.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dannmann801

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Springboro
I think this team can make a real solid showing!
(twelve schmelve)

I"ll be out for at least part of the weekend on opener...

buckbuster217

*Supporting Member*
Byesville, Ohio
I will be out for both days opening weekend and have a nice one coming through almost every morning !! hopefully I didnt just jinx myself, things are looking good for this team!! anyone been thinking about a name?

DJK Frank 16

Supporting Member
Hardin County
Checking in!

I may make it out for a hunt Sunday afternoon this weekend. Outside of that it will be hit and miss for me up until the end of October.

Dannmann801

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Springboro
I will be out for both days opening weekend and have a nice one coming through almost every morning !! hopefully I didnt just jinx myself, things are looking good for this team!! anyone been thinking about a name?

Dang! I had a great name last year that didn't get used and I can't remember it....:tantrum:

HA! (just found it) I like "The Buck Hammers"
But I'm completely open to other ideas

Last edited:

DJK Frank 16

Supporting Member
Hardin County
No complaints on that name from me!

I won't be out at all this weekend due to a family commitment on Saturday and a golf outing on Sunday. I may try to sneak an evening hunt in sometime next week though if it is cool.

Dannmann801

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Springboro
Most likely I'm NOT going to be able to get out.....bringing Mom home from the nursing home probably this week, so my weekend will be tied up with that.
IF anything I might sneak over for a quick public land hunt early one morning, but this weekend isn't looking good.

buckbuster217

*Supporting Member*
Byesville, Ohio
might get out Saturday afternoon, gotta work Saturday morning from 4a.m. to 2 p.m., and will definately be out Sunday, these damn 10 hr. shifts are killin my huntin!!!!!!

DJK Frank 16

Supporting Member
Hardin County
Alright guys, I finally got a game plan for the weekend.

Calling for rain tomorrow and I work 2nd shift, so I'm gonna get up a little early and get my tags but and slide out in the rain and put some steps in a tree.

Looks like Saturday morning or evening will be my first trip to the woods. I should be able to hunt either morning or evening on Sunday as well.

DJK Frank 16

Supporting Member
Hardin County
The weekend didn't work out as planned. Was tied up Saturday all day and hurt my neck on Sunday. I did get a chance to get all my year inventoried, washed, and smoked. Soon as the neck heals up I'm ready for action.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1349809539.162896.jpg

Dannmann801

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Springboro
Actually got out last Sat evening and Sunday morning.....saw 7 deer Sat and set a ground blind in that spot on Sunday. Set another ground brush blind on Sunday in a very promising spot. And, good news, it looks as though I'm gonna be able to hunt hard this weekend all day Saturday and Sunday. Hopefully some points on the board.

Last weekend I wasn't really prepared, but next weekend.... :smiley_coolpeace:

DJK Frank 16

Supporting Member
Hardin County
Neck is all healed up and I've been shooting the bow good. Will be making my season opener this evening. I cannot wait to get in a tree! Hung a set last Friday and the sign looks promising. We will see!

Best of luck to anyone else on Team 11 making it out. I will be sure to post updates from the stand.