Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Boy Scouts Reject Gays

badger

*Supporting Member*
I don't consider this political so I'll put it here. If one of you feel different, please move it.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm happy to report that at least the Boy Scouts aren't caving to the gay agenda being shoved down our throats. (at least for now)

Why don't these people start their own troop of gay scouts? Personally I wouldn't want to be a part of a group that rejected me or my family.

http://www.wfaa.com/news/local/Scouts-to-gay-dad-Dont-wear-that-uniform-105235398.html

tuffshot

The Crew
The United Way tried to take the BSA off of their list for not accepting gays a couple of years ago.
Then through complaints they found how much money they would loose, they changed their minds.

Mike

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Up Nort
"The Boy Scouts of America is a private membership organization and leadership therein is a privilege and not a right. We believe that homosexual conduct is not compatible with the aims and purposes of Scouting and that it does not present a desirable role model for the youth in our program. We will continue to select only those who in our judgment meet our standards and qualifications for membership."

I'm not homophobic (just don't friggin' touch me...ever), but the above quote says it all.

I was a scout and my son is a scout.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
They have as much a right to be gay as I do not to like them.. Funny though they preach tolerance, equality, and acceptance. Yet they refuse to practice what they preach with individuals or groups who don't agree with their lifestyle. When truth be told it's just as much their right not to like them, or to think they are wrong, as they have to be gay.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I applaude the scouts. The gays can do what they want. Just not wherever they want. My kids don't need to be exposed to that. I am not judging gays. This is not my job. Figure they make their own decisions, they can deal with their choices when they die. Someone else can judge them with more authority than I.

CJD3

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NE Ohio
"The Boy Scouts of America is a private membership organization and leadership therein is a privilege and not a right. We believe that homosexual conduct is not compatible with the aims and purposes of Scouting and that it does not present a desirable role model for the youth in our program. We will continue to select only those who in our judgment meet our standards and qualifications for membership."

I'm not homophobic (just don't friggin' touch me...ever), but the above quote says it all.

I was a scout and my son is a scout.

I Agree 100%
I am a Eagle Scout