Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Muzzleloader get together

Lundy

If we could find a suitable location would there be any interest in a Muzzleloader get together, maybe sometime in December?

I think maybe there are quite a few experienced guys on this site that might be able to lend a hand to some of the newer MZ shooters and get them started in the right direction in safety and performance.

I know that I have a lot of Pyrodex, T7, both loose and pellets and bunches of different bullet brands and weights, sabots, 209 primers, percussion caps, etc that I don't use anymore. Should be able to find something that would shoot if someone is needing some help.

Just a thought

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
I'd be up for that. I love shooting my smoke pole! And I'd like to learn some as well. Especially if anyone has a Kentucky long rifle as I want to build one soon...

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I have a ton of bullet/sabot combinations. Hundreds of dollars worth. Now that I have my combo figured out, it does me zero good. Might help someone else get dialed in.

Dante- I am interested in the Shockwaves. I will try to catch up with you if you are interested in selling some.

Lundy

Sounds like there would be plenty of interest, just would need to find a location.

Any ideas?

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
We had briefly discussed returning to Strouds for a muzzy hunt. With a newborn at home, I can't make any promises there. But if it does happen, I will make it down at some point.

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
If there is any interest in going back to Strouds, I'm quite certain I could talk Mason into another trip! He is quite certain there is a 150 waiting for him down there due to his buddy Mrex not having any trouble killing them. :)

Hedgelj

Supporting Member
Mohicanish
I will be free in January and have some extra MMP sabots that didn't work in my muzzleloader and would love to meet with you all, is there anytime before the season that could work? Also perhaps meet up for one of the early muzzleloading seasons next year? (or somewhere if it goes statewide?)

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Muzzleloader season my Son will be home from SC with his girlfriend and he and I plan on hunting up here so I won't be able too make it over that time frame.... Had a blast the last time I can only imagine it would be as good or better this time..... If he wasn't bringing the girl home I'd of brought him down with me..... :smiley_chinrub: