Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

22A vs. Neos Inox?

I've been looking into purchasing a semi-auto .22 pistol and both of these models have caught my attention. Both have decent pricing and come from reputable companies. I will be using this pistol for small game, such as squirrels and rabbits.

Which one has:
* good accuracy
* reliability
* ease of cleaning

I'm open to suggestions from your experiences and knowledge.
Thank you, Bowhunter57

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
Save a couple extra bucks and get the Browning or Ruger IMHO. Both above are decent guns but aren't up to par with the Browning and Ruger, consistently. Both have a lot more aftermarket support. Almost like the 10/22 the Buckmark and 22/45 are the sky is the limit type of guns with out needing a gunsmith.

My absolute favorite, affordable pistols are the High Standard guns. I have a Model HB and it is a very accurate pistol and runs "like a sewing machine".

If I had my choice of any it would be the S&W Model 41 but they go for $900. Ugh...

Here is my High Standard...

Here is my most accurate but the trigger is SO light that it is almost dangerous. It is also the oldest of my guns...

Beentown,
I used to own a Ruger 22/45 and sold it to buy a Browning Buckmark (don't remember which model). The Buckmark felt better in my hand. I had a red dot on both and both were equally accurate.

I don't think I've held a High Standard. I've read good reviews on the S&W and Beretta, but have only handled the S&W...and like the price tags on both. They're both around $250, depending on where they're purchased.

Bowhunter57

I was the local gun shop and had to bring the Smith & Wesson 22A home with me. :smiley_blink:

I had it home about 5 minutes and installed the Tasco red dot. Cleaned it up, light oil and went in the back yard to feed it some ammo. I'll put it on a bench and punch some paper with it this weekend to get it sighted in and go hunting.

22A.jpg

Bowhunter57

JOHNROHIO

Participation Trophy Winner
There fun little plinkers. I never get to shoot mine because I can't get it away from my daughter. She absolutely loves that thing.

I put the 22A on paper today with some Remington SubSonics, at 20 yards.
The 8 Ring is the size of a dime. I'm very impressed with the accuracy of this pistol. Hopefully, I can shoot it as good as it shoots, when it comes to hunting. :smiley_blink:

SubSonic2.jpg

Bowhunter57

Last edited: