Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

scUM or Notre Lame?

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
I can't stand either team personally but I will be (can't believe I'm saying this) rooting for that team from up Norte over the Irish. IMO, this year the Irish will prolly win easily but I have to root on a conference team. Our conference as a whole is very down, prolly the worst I've ever seen it.

I hope UM wins 0-2 bahahahahahahahaa

Redhunter1012

Supporting Member
I was sure we'd be busy in harvest and working this weekend, otherwise I woulda had tickets for this game. ND's front 7 are studs but they are horrible in the secondary. They have patchworked 2 starting corners and a safety. As a UM fan I'd be lying if I said it doesnt make me nervous that the game will be won on the arm of Denard. I think he's gonna perplex ND's defense again like always and pull out a Win. 27-23

Mike

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Up Nort
I'll be rooting for scUM until they play the Bucks. Somebody has to have a decent season in the Small 10.

That's how I am Jesse. I'll quietly root of OSU until the last game of the season. GO BLUE!

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Charles, in 2009 UM played Western and eastern Michigan in the early non conference schedule then played Delaware State in the middle of the season. Just saying'.

Do you guys have Delaware State matchups every year? Rotflmao

Seriously though, every major college team has cupcakes on their schedules. Just don't understand why people always point out the Buckeyes.

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
Charles, in 2009 UM played Western and eastern Michigan in the early non conference schedule then played Delaware State in the middle of the season. Just saying'.

Do you guys have Delaware State matchups every year? Rotflmao

Seriously though, every major college team has cupcakes on their schedules. Just don't understand why people always point out the Buckeyes.

Because that is all they play. lmao

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Lol, I know as a college football fan and Buckeye fan, I hate these matchups. I know some of these moves are to keep big money in state but the big reason is to get to the NC game. We have VTech. And Oklahoma coming up but lost Tenn. and Georgia when the conferences realigned. I hope we start scheduling some SEC teams in the future but I don't make the calls. Lol

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I want to root for the Big 10, but can't see myself doing it. Guess I will have to go Irish this weekend. I can't bring myself to root for the team up north until the bowl games. Even then it is difficult to do.

Fluteman

Supporting Member
Southeast Ohio
Growing up, I played sports, but we never watched much sports on TV. We didn't have cable or satellite until I was into my teens, so we were fairly limited on what we could watch. When I got into high school, I started following college football, but not rooting for a specific team. I got sick of listening to everyone bitch everytime OSU lost and celebrate every victory like it was a BCS championship. I've always been "that guy," the one that has to be different, so I started rooting for Michigan. At the time, we had a pretty good handle on the series, so it was always something to gloat about.

Now days, I'm a pretty big Michigan fan, but I'm also a realist. I'm not gonna blow smoke about how great out team is, when I know they don't stand a chance against half of the top 25 teams. I'm also not gonna root against the Big Ten, as I know we desperately need every win we get. There are teams out there that are far superior over any team in the BT, but we will eventually put a team back in the national spotlight again.

I hope Michigan can pull off a win against ND this year. I've only seen the highlights of ND this year but they look pretty goodd. Michigan's defense is questionable, along with a quarterback that doesn't make smart passing decisions under pressure. Michigan is gonna need someone to step up as a runner this week outside of Robinson, and we need receivers to start making plays. I think it's gonna be a tough game, but I believe Michigan can pull off a win if they come prepared.

Schu72

Streetsboro
I started rooting for Michigan when I was TOO young to know the difference. I thought they had the coolest uniforms and only having 3 channels on TV limited who i had exposure to. I TOO realize they are just lightly better than average with big play potential from a running QB. Can't wait until they are playing ball like back in the mid to late 90's. Go Blue!