Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Starting to hire in Columbus

Curran

Supporting Member
Central Ohio
Here ya go....

The Position: Retail Management Position's - Columbus, OH

Cabela’s Retail, Inc. is an Outdoors company that is currently in an expansion mode. We are seeking exceptionally talented Retail Management Professionals to join our newly announced store coming to Columbus, OH

Cabela’s is currently Searching to fill multiple positions including
Marketing Manager,
Gun Library Manager,
Front End Manager,
Backend Manager,
Boat Sales Manager,
Firearms Mmanager,
Club Card Manager,
Boat Sales Manager,
Boat Service Manager,
and Deli Supervisor to name a few based out of the Columbus location.

Noteworthy candidates must have vast knowledge and experience in a high volume Retail environment, a passion for the outdoors, and will be willing to grow, promote and relocate as Cabela’s continues to branch out. If you are qualified and are ready to jump aboard for a challenging and rewarding career experience, then join us as we continue to provide the “World’s Foremost Outfitter" service to Fishing, Hunting and Outdoors enthusiasts around the world!

Requirements
Requirements
This position requires Bachelor’s degree or equivalent plus five years of high volume, advanced retail management knowledge including Operational, Front End, Back End and Sales Supervisory experience.

Must have experience with managing multiple department heads and supervisors.

Must be willing to relocate if and when called upon in order to support company growth and expansion.

Knowledge of advanced retail sales practices and principles, which include the following:

Personnel scheduling, payroll, budgeting, sales forecasting, legal compliance, inventory control, etc.

Ability to effectively communicate with all levels of employees, customers and other business contacts, as well as the outside community, in a courteous and professional manner.
Must be a Customer Service oriented team player and have the ability to pay close attention to detail.

Ability to build a cohesive team by utilizing proven motivational, coaching and mentoring techniques.

Knowledge of company products both technically and as it applies to customers specific needs.

Skill in operating personal computer and various software packages.

Ideal candidates will have a passion for serving employees and customers, hunting, fishing, camping and outdoor sports.

Must be able to work the following: at least 3 out of 4 weekends a month; any day, including holidays; opening and closing shifts.

Cabela’s is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) and we seek to create an inclusive workplace that embraces diverse backgrounds, life experiences and perspectives

Position Type: Full Time
Willing to Relocate: Yes
Willing to Travel:
Minimum Experience Required: 5-7 years

Job Application Web Site: http://www.cabelas.jobs

Curran

Supporting Member
Central Ohio
You apply Sean? Hours gotta suck...

No way. I've done retail and know enough to know I ain't gonna go back to retail. Now if they had a commercial sales division with a business to business focus I could handle that.

That's TOO funny Bowhunter 57 :smiley_crocodile:

JOHNROHIO

Participation Trophy Winner
Living 5 minutes from there could be bad. I going to have to get to know someone that works there.

xbowguy

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Licking Co. Ohio
I'm guilty of spending a bit in there. May have to get a part-time postion just to pay on my hobby.
We have a crane in there building it as we speak.

Huckleberry Finn

Gonna be hard to drive past it every day!

xbow - saw that crane and saw that they set some big wooden truces across the middle of the buildling

xbowguy

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Licking Co. Ohio
I've been trying to get on that job with no luck so far. Sorta sucks since my crane is the same size as what is in there. I'd do about anything to set that building. There is still a lot to do, so just maybe I'll get on part of it soon.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Northern edge of Columbus, right off the Polaris exit.

Oh crap. This is pretty close to my sister's house. Fortunately, we don't get along real well. Might save me some trips to the store because we don't visit often. On the flip side, when we are obligated to visit my sister, it gives me a place to go in efforts to escape my sister. lmao

Huckleberry Finn

I've been trying to get on that job with no luck so far. Sorta sucks since my crane is the same size as what is in there. I'd do about anything to set that building. There is still a lot to do, so just maybe I'll get on part of it soon.

Is yours the big black one (haha) or the red truck-mounted

Sticknstring

For all of you who are military or veterans you might try and ask for a discount. Bass Pro gives one at 10% and it isn't much but usually covers the taxes at the least. Hope this helps!