Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

MSF (maumee state forest)

ImpalaSSpeed96

NJ
Who's going to be out there with me this year? Really trying to get a doe out of there, after hunting a few different spots last year and never seeing a deer. Very depressing... I scouted the other day with the dog and found a new, seemingly more promising spot to hunt this year. Even found a rub I was impressed with, about the size of my forearm and raked pretty good. Not looking to shoot a buck out of there as I'll be heading to the SE portion for the rut, but really wanna cut my teeth on a doe! I don't think I've shot a slick head since 07! Def no later than that...

bthompson1004

NWOhio!
I will be trying to get out there with my new to me bow...soccer isn't over till Halloween, my son's birthday is Halloween and we now have twin girls...so for efficiency purpose I will prbly put my efforts more toward shotgun and/or muzzleloader.

Hey if you still have my number text me or call...I got a new phone in the spring and somehow I can't find you're number on it.

bthompson1004

NWOhio!
I will be trying to get out whenever I can...but first I have to get this desitin smell off of my hands..darn babies!! More than likely it will be a shotgun deer again if I even get out. I like to hunt Mon & Tues of muzzleloader also.

ImpalaSSpeed96

NJ
I probably won't hunt it after the second week of October. Have a cruise and then its time to head down to SE Ohio on the 29th. Found what seems to be a great spot down there. I can't wait to hunt the rut!!!

I'll text you now Ben. Your number should still be in my phone.

bthompson1004

NWOhio!
Good luck down there...I've only seen a few "good" deer while road scouting around the MSF...I even think I've seen about 4 generations of bucks together in a bean field...similar to the same rack, all 4 different sizes too....they appear to have everything they need though right where they are...would be a challenge and a half to get them onto the public land..

Good luck down there, hope you find something that peaks you're interest...deer wise!

ImpalaSSpeed96

NJ
All I want is a doe inside 30 yards... It will have to be over 130 to shoot one up here for me to pass up my trip to SE Ohio. And we know that ain't happening on MSF...

ImpalaSSpeed96

NJ
Only on MSF to shoot a doe... My buck tag will stay snug in my backpack until Oct 29th... I went down there this weekend, scouted, hung a camera. 30 gallons down and back. That's too much for a one or two day trip.

mossyoakgirl

I will b out there as much as possible. I will b there for gun and muzzy for sure.. hopin to get a bow.. we will see abt tht one... lol..

ImpalaSSpeed96

NJ
Once you pick up a bow, you'll put down the gun. I haven't gun hunted in at least 6 years now. Gun season is the unofficial end for me. I wouldn't even gun hunt if I had 1000 acres to myself. The only thing that interests me is muzzleloader through sights. And even that is about as interesting as taking out a crossbow.

It's about a 50 mile round trip for me. If I shoot a doe my first sit, that would be grand. I hate driving out there in my gas hog...