Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

attic nest

motorbreaker

*Supporting Member I*
North of Toledo
Found this in my attic. Looks like some kind of bird nest. It looks like it has been there for sometime.
Anybody have any idea what might have made this nest? DSCF0732.jpgDSCF0729.JPGDSCF0730.JPG

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
European Starlings. They make huge nests like that. The good news is you can blast em.. Sit in the hedge and blast them as they fly in and out..

Last edited:

motorbreaker

*Supporting Member I*
North of Toledo
This nest is from some time ago. Before I lived in the house. Ive never seen any birds getting in the house.
and from inside you cant see any light. I dont see any way they could get in.

Starlings you say. Thanks

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
This nest is from some time ago. Before I lived in the house. Ive never seen any birds getting in the house.
and from inside you cant see any light. I dont see any way they could get in.

Starlings you say. Thanks

The entrance was probably closed up then but they never took the nest out.

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
European Starlings. They make huge nests like that. The good news is you can blast em.. Sit in the hedge and blast them as they fly in and out..

This ^^^

Just don't let any birds die inside the attic. It will stink pretty bad...

DJK Frank 16

Supporting Member
Hardin County
This ^^^

Just don't let any birds die inside the attic. It will stink pretty bad...

Oh man.. I can't remember if I posted up my situation from a couple years ago, but I had a bird get in my bathroom exhaust vent and nest. Well once I plugged the hole they were coming in and out of, either there were babies in there or I trapped a bird in there, but it eventually died, and the smell was one of the first smells I've ever experienced. Took days to dig all that shit out and get it back to normal. Yuck!

Fullbore

South Eastern Ohio
Huh, I don't think its a bird nest at all. I think it belongs to a 4 legged animal. Maybe chipmunk or flying squirrel. I could be wrong and probably are.lol. breaker open and find out.