Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Got a cool pic last night!

deerslayer1985

I got pictures of this guy last night. I reckon he is the one who destroyed our feeder last year! lol Not sure how big he, or she is. From the looks I would say 200-300 pounds.

Attachments

• black bear 2.JPG
    black bear 2.JPG
    107.7 KB · Views: 255
  • black bear.JPG
    black bear.JPG
    114.5 KB · Views: 269

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
That's pretty awesome! Send some pics to the DOW District office... I'm sure they'd like to see them.

at1010

*Supporting Member*
That's pretty awesome! Send some pics to the DOW District office... I'm sure they'd like to see them.

They do, they even call you if you report it to get more information on them they are really interested in gathering data on this.

CJD3

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NE Ohio
Cool Pict. but it would probably get me all freaked out occasionally when I walk in before sunrise and on the way out after dark. lol

deerslayer1985

They have been seeing bears around the county road 3 area for the last few years. I know of 4 different people who have trail cam pics of bears. My uncle has a pic behind veto lake of one that is huge. People were saying 500-600 pounds. One of the oil well guys around here seen a cub, and its mom last year. I have heard of a bunch of other sightings, and we had a tripod feeder tore down, and destroyed last year. We had extra sections on the legs, and it stood about 8 foot to the bottom of the barrel. The bear ripped it down, and chewed through the pvc type material it was made of. It was pretty heavy duty material. I mean you couldn't take a screwdriver and jam through it thats how strong it was, but the bear chewed right through it. So they're around. I'm just hoping I don't meet up with one in the dark one morning on my way to the treestand. lol

xbowguy

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Licking Co. Ohio
When Bears are around, you should always travel with a companion, you don't have to outrun the bear, just the guy your with!rotflmao

Nice Pic's....Wish I'd get one or a Bobcat! Tired of seeing Yotes!

deerslayer1985

Thats what my Dad says. lol Yea there are tons of coyotes around here too. I got a picture of 2 bobcats last year. We got some wildboar in these parts too. We have a little of everything! lol