Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Bowhuting Groundhogs video

ImpalaSSpeed96

NJ
That's my stupid face you see on there laughing. We had him facing away paying no attention so we snuck within 30 yards. He says "aim high". Well, I did, and then he came out of his hole more, and then he didn't move when I shot. So you'll see, it was an off shot. He's dead, trust me, but I didn't get him like I wanted so it was quick... Also me carrying the pig across the field! I had three kill shots on that video and one miss. The first miss you'll see was the same stalk where you see me crawling moving my bow forward. I don't know how I missed that hog so bad... The good go pro kill was mine, 23 yards.

ImpalaSSpeed96

NJ
They jump the string a lot, usually if they're out of their hole. If they're in their hole, they feel safe. Easiest way to kill them is sneak up and run them in the hole and stay back about 15-20 yards, then let them come out for a minute. Most of those shots were 20+. It's a flat blast...

ImpalaSSpeed96

NJ
HF, I killed 4 the few days I was there. You can kill almost as many as you want by yourself. It gets tricky with the filming, just like deer hunting.

I lose very few arrows with the G5 SGH. In fact, I only lost one while out there, and that was because the hog I missed, it hit a rock in the hedgerow and broke the head off and cracked the arrow.