Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Help trapping??

at1010

*Supporting Member*
I wanna learn to trap yotes,

I have trapped coons with bait, and footholds, and I love it! I love getting rid of them.

I just want help trapping yotes off my property, if I can make a bit of money in the winter thats cool too, but I would like to kill as many as I can.

Anyone interested in helping out a guy? I am talking about Noble county area?

DJK Frank 16

Supporting Member
Hardin County
We have a few trapping experts on here, Badger and Diablo54 are a couple that come to mind. I'm sure they can toss a few pointers your way or direct you to some good literature.

at1010

*Supporting Member*
We have a few trapping experts on here, Badger and Diablo54 are a couple that come to mind. I'm sure they can toss a few pointers your way or direct you to some good literature.

thanks, I am interested maybe in the bait and snare tactic, but is that really a good way to eliminate yotes on your property or does that just draw more in?

MK111

"Happy Hunting Grounds in the Sky"
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Am I correct in thinking that you can't totally elimate coyotes from your property. I have read research articles that once you elimate one another one just moves in as they are very territoral. I know if you take a whole family out then you have done some good for awhile.
Just aking?
Frank

badger

*Supporting Member*
There's a trapping convention this weekend. I'm not sure where, but I'll find out for you. Conventions have great seminars on specific basics for land and water trapping. I'm not sure if I'm going yet, but if I do maybe we can meet there.

Do you have any specific questions concerning yotes?

LonewolfNopack

The woods
Here is where the convention is located, starting today at noon.

The 2012 OSTA convention will be held at the Allen County Fairgrounds, 2750 Harding Hwy., Lima, OH, 45804.

I will be there all afternoon. I will be wearing a black and white Pheasants Forever hat. If anyone else is going to be there and sees me stop and say hi.