Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Broken but not damaged

CJD3

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NE Ohio
I was taking a 4 wheeler putt in the last 15 min of shooting light and came around a corner to see a nice hard horned buck at 45 yards standing broadside. lets see... 1, 2, 3, 4 maybe 5 points on this side. Then he turned to face me. The right side rack was broken off. Damn. :smiley_blackeye:

Hoytmania

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Gods Country
DANG, when I first started reading I thought it was leading into a 4 wheeler accident. Glad that wasn't the case, but it does duck to see that this early.

CJD3

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NE Ohio
Dang, that's early too start doing that..... Any bleeding????

It was a woods trail so a little darker light than in the fields. I didn't see any but it was marginal light by then. He was shaking his head and ears (skeeters) and doing the head bob thing so I could not see if there was a base stem or it was broken off flush. What a shame; guessing a 3 year old.

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Sucks to see this happen to mature deer. I often wonder what I would do if I had a 170+ buck or even a 200"er come in offering a nice shot but maybe one beam broke off midway taking 30-40" with it. In other words, that 170 would be 130ish and the 200 around 150". Prolly just pull my video camera out and film him but talk about a huge downer! Lol

Sorry for rambling Jim, thanks for sharing.

at1010

*Supporting Member*
I hate it when that happens. Made my son pass on a nice 3 year old busted off ten last year. hope to see that deer again this year.

first year I owned my farm I had a buck that was a solid 8 point half rack. All the neighbors passed on him, but then the other neighbor got about 800 acres timbered soo I literally have all new deer im looking at haha this season.

Curran

Supporting Member
Central Ohio
Had this guy show up a few years ago. These pics are from mid November... somebody musta kicked his butt pretty good.