Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Tattoo

moundhill

Supporting Member
Hebbardsville..
I'm really wanting to get a tattoo sometime soon, but im not sure what I want yet. Do you guys have any cool tattoo ideas? I'm wanting to incorporate outdoors/bow hunting with something meaningful. Any ideas would be awesome.

buckbuster217

*Supporting Member*
Byesville, Ohio
Just speaking from experience Moundhill, just make sure whatever you get you are gonna be OK with the rest of your life, I got some tats in my younger days that I really wish I wouldnt have got, its nothing offense or anything but it just dont fit on a 43 year old body now. And depending on where you are wanting to go in your career they can hurt your chances for certain jobs. Not trying to be negative buddy , just make sure its something you really want.

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
If you have to think about the tatoo then it isn't important enough to be put on your person.

I guess you could get a tatoo of your buddy. A devil (diablo) as a tramp stamp...

Dannmann801

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Springboro
Oh beenie BAZINGA!

X2 on what BB said. Go conservative on your first tattoo, in a place where it can't be seen wearing normal work apparrel (short sleeve shirt).

moundhill

Supporting Member
Hebbardsville..
Bb I know what you mean man. My brother has a bunch of retarted tattoos (a pipe wrench and a raccoon lol) and I know that if I put it somewhere noticeable I'll regret it. But I really do want one.

And beener, piss off haha.

Fullbore

South Eastern Ohio
There's some good advice to take heed on Jake. I often thought about getting one,but at 50 years old,it ain't going TOO happen! Although an arrow shaft cork screwing around your arm would be cool.

moundhill

Supporting Member
Hebbardsville..
I'm thinking about this..

But minus the mathews logo..or maybe even have it "Made in America" instead of mathews, and in red white and blue.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
I was just like you when I was your age and I'll turn 30 next week without any ink. I've changed my mind dozens of times over the years and it leaves me thankful that I didn't follow through with some of them. Give it plenty of time Jake. Waiting is not something you'll regret and it's not permanent either.

That being said, I'm getting ink after my daughter is born. It'll incorporate her hand/foot print...

mightymet

Don't be scared. I got my first one when I was 15. My mommy wrote me a note so I was able to get it. I loved that tattoo. I just got it covered up last year when I got my arm done. I am 36 now and I'm pretty sure I will always have a job with my name on my shirt so not worried. My advice is they are not for everyone. Do not pick from the wall. And the picture you posted of what your thinking... I have seen it done and it looks terrible. I have yet to see a deer look good as a tat. Do not compromise on what you want. And most important research the artist. Make sure they do the style you want. Get references. And see there work.

mightymet

I'm really wanting to get a tattoo sometime soon, but im not sure what I want yet. Do you guys have any cool tattoo ideas? I'm wanting to incorporate outdoors/bow hunting with something meaningful. Any ideas would be awesome.

What part of Ohio are you in?

cotty16

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Well, you know mine. I take shit over the GNR one, but so what. I like all of mine and that's what's important. As others have said, make sure you get them where you can cover them up in the professional world. you never know where you may end up. Mine are easily covered with a short sleeve shirt.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
It can be addicting and have seen a few people get out of hand only too regret it later in life.... chose wisely as its pretty permanent or expensive too remove and like what was stated earlier your life changes tattoos don't lol.... good luck with the decision....

patmc81

Bet advice I can give is when you finally decide on a tat wait at least 6 months before you get it. If you still like your idea after 6 months go for it.

patmc81

I have a few I want to get I just keep spending the money on something else lol. I do have 3 that you never want to get, they are dots on my chest from when I had cancer.

mightymet

It is addicting. I think the put heroin in the ink. You just can't stop. I have a cross on the indie of my left forearm. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1346617918.492611.jpg
And I have about three quarters of my right arm done. I have to get it finished. Need more $$$$$$$$. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1346618016.421879.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1346618046.107437.jpg

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Bb I know what you mean man. My brother has a bunch of retarted tattoos (a pipe wrench and a raccoon lol) and I know that if I put it somewhere noticeable I'll regret it. But I really do want one.

And beener, piss off haha.

Just don't get the one of a snake crawling out of your vagina and sucking on your tit! rotflmao:pickle:

I kid I kid! Just had to rib ya Jake! In all seriousness, take your time and don't rush it. Like Ron, I too have no tats but the thought crossed my mind a few times over the years. Thought about having a few bucks I've taken put on my arms but decided they look better on my wall.

ohio
Just don't get the one of a snake crawling out of your vagina and sucking on your tit! rotflmao:pickle:

I kid I kid! Just had to rib ya Jake! In all seriousness, take your time and don't rush it. Like Ron, I too have no tats but the thought crossed my mind a few times over the years. Thought about having a few bucks I've taken put on my arms but decided they look better on my wall.

Lies!!! didn't you say you had a tramp stamp that says aim high with a bullseye?