Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

well thats just BS

dante322

*Supporting Member*
Crawford county
O.K. I am not surprised that Ohio State opens up with Miami of Ohio. Thats the way it is every year. Padding the stats by beating up on smaller weaker schools in the name of "keeping the money in the state". But, at the risk of sounding "bitchy", Michigan has to open with ALABAMA?! Freakin defending national champ, sec, Alafreakinbama?

Just keep it to a good game, thats all i am hoping for. just keep it tight.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Man, the belly aching starts already!!! lmao

FWIW, I'm rooting for Michigan tonight. Nick Saban is the devil. HAHA! It's a Big 10 vs. SEC game for me and I'll be cheering on the Wolverines.

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio

FWIW, I'm rooting for Michigan tonight. Nick Saban is the devil. HAHA! It's a Big 10 vs. SEC game for me and I'll be cheering on the Wolverines.

Same here, and it sickens me! Go Blue! Fugg that hurt!

Dante, UM has played there weak sisters of the poor many of times over the years like Eastern MI and Western MI. I hate it as well but in the future I see Urban cutting SOME of that shit out. I hope. Lol

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member

Why do you torture yourself, you know it'll only end in misery. Lol. I applaud Michigan for doing something OSU never would which is play a power house SEC team early season. But it's all about being overanked, ticket sales, and merchandising. I don't blame them though after their back to back slaughter against SEC teams in the NC games. They probably want to prolong that as long as possible. Lol. With 5 of the 14 SEC teams in the AP top 10 it's lookin like it'll be lucky number 7. Only question niw is. Will it be bama again or Lsu.

Last edited:

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Why do you torture yourself, you know it'll only end in misery. Lol. I applaud Michigan for doing something OSU never would which is play a power house SEC team early season. But it's all about being overanked, ticket sales, and merchandising. I don't blame them though after their back to back slaughter against SEC teams in the NC games. They probably want to prolong that as long as possible. Lol. With 5 of the 14 SEC teams in the AP top 10 it's lookin like it'll be lucky number 7. Only question niw is. Will it be bama again or Lsu.

There will be a day of reckoning man. I know there will. Enjoy it while it lasts!

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Pretty sad when the best team OSU will face all season in the whole big 10 gets spanked 41-14 by a SEC team.

Last edited:

Mike R

*Supporting Member*
Few years ago Michigan opened with appalachian state And still got the shit kicked out of them. Same deal just most have heard of Alabama.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Pretty sad when the best team OSU will face all season in the whole big 10 gets spanked 41-14 by a SEC team.

It is and it really doesn't matter since we can't win anything anyways. You can bet your ass we'll legitimize our schedule under Urban and things will be much different 4-5 years from now. This won't last forever...

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
I woulda really liked to watch Michigan play them full roster. We were missing our starting.

RB
TE
DE
CB
WR

Nothing like missing 20% of your starters to make it excruciating to watch. Bama would probably still win but at least it may have been fun TOO watch.

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Are you kidding Joe, Michigan is by far the best team in our division, Wisky and Nebraska will be ranked higher by seasons end. I don't care for Hoke so I'm happy to see him lose big. I was still rooting for the conference though.

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
In defense of Dantes original post about OSU playing a weaker foe, the entire NCAA play schedule from start to finish and from top to bottom was littered with David vs Goliaths. Just sayin'!

dante322

*Supporting Member*
Crawford county
Just keep it to a good game, thats all i am hoping for. just keep it tight.

so much for that!

Not trying to make excuses, but as stated above, its difficult to compete when several of your key players are out.

I would think the advantage to playing better teams from the start would be that by mid to late season you are ready for the teams like bama and lsu. Sure beating up on smaller teams is fun and builds confidence but what happens when you play the real deal and you find out you arent as good as you thought you were.
I would think a tougher schedule would be better prep for the bowl games.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
so much for that!

Not trying to make excuses, but as stated above, its difficult to compete when several of your key players are out.

I would think the advantage to playing ams from the start would be that by mid to late season you are ready for the teams like bama and lsu. Sure beating up on smaller teams is fun and builds confidence but what happens when you play the real deal and you find out you arent as good as you thought you were.
I would think a tougher schedule would be better prep for the bowl games.

But its about winning for as long as you can maximizing ticket sales, viewers, and merchandising. And I've never seen a team who merchandises like OSU.

moundhill

Supporting Member
Hebbardsville..
I woulda really liked to watch Michigan play them full roster. We were missing our starting.

RB
TE
DE
CB
WR

Nothing like missing 20% of your starters to make it excruciating to watch. Bama would probably still win but at least it may have been fun TOO watch.

I agree with beener, in their defense they were missing some major impact players..BUT the dumbasses cant stay out of trouble so it's their own fault. I think the announcers said there were 20 arrests of Mich players during the off season. If they cant stay out of trouble off the feild, let em suffer.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Are you kidding Joe, Michigan is by far the best team in our division, Wisky and Nebraska will be ranked higher by seasons end. I don't care for Hoke so I'm happy to see him lose big. I was still rooting for the conference though.

I wouldn't hold out hope for Nebraska being the go to bet for the Big 10. I just watched them play So. Miss and was not impressed. This is So. Miss, not ole miss or miss state and they gave up 20 points and it was actually a close game in the first half. It wasn't until the second half Nebraska really pulled ahead. But if a team like So Miss can do that then Nebraska has a ton of work to do. but then again. Long as they're playing other big 10 teams they might not have much to worry about until they end up in a bowl game.

Redhunter1012

Supporting Member
Bama is wayy better than UM, but UM wil be OK. I think had we had all our starters it was still a 14-17pt game. Our Dline is weak and their O line is impressive. Our only chance was if Denard played perfect and droped all those deep passes in the breadbasket for a bunch of big plays. I still expect UM to play in the Conference championship game. I will be at the home opener saturday against Air Force so I'll get to see how good we rebound in person