Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Female Hunter Here!

Diane

*Supporting Member*
Newark
Hi Guys!

My name is Diane and I've been spying on ya'll for many, many months now, and I gotta say, you guys are a riot!

If you haven't guessed by my forum name, I am married to Rick. (xbowguy)

There have been many threads that I have wanted to jump in on, but waited as I didn't want anyone to feel like a woman would take away from all your fun. Trust me, it is almost impossible to offend me and I love the camaraderie you share! I just want to join in on the fun!

I've been deer hunting for 5 years now and love it. I use a crossbow and do NOT do tree stands, but I love my ghilli suit.

Tree stands always made me nervous anyway, but a couple of years ago I developed vertigo and it never went away, so I will not risk climbing into a stand and getting dizzy from the climb.

Anyway, I sure hope to learn a few things and have a great time doing it.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Welcome too the site Diane..... We won't hold it against you for being married too Rick.... rotflmao J/K glad too see you finally decided too join the dysfunctional society of TOO..... Get that post count up and join in on the deer contest..... :smiley_coolpeace:

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Welcome to the site! Glad you joined up. Don't worry about the female part and ruining fun. You seem like you'll fit right in.

The team drawings are on the 22nd. Plenty of time. :)

Mike

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Up Nort
Welcome Diane. My goal is to get one this year while on the ground in my Ghillie.

Diane

*Supporting Member*
Newark
Thanks everyone!

My goal is to get one this year while on the ground in my Ghillie.

I love my Ghillie and am looking for one in white now. I sit up against a tree (usually) and the deer do not seem to notice me at all. They will look my direction once or twice, then act as if nothing is out of the ordinary. It's like I am invisible to them.
Since I had been hunting in blinds, I got tired of the daylight I was losing. Being in my Ghilli suit, gives me those last 15 minutes or so for hunting that I had been missing. It means as much to me as my bow!

dante322

*Supporting Member*
Crawford county
welcome aboard! We've had a few other female "huntresses" join in. They are accepted easy enough. But they just never seem to stick around:smiley_chinrub:

hope you hang with us.

Diane

*Supporting Member*
Newark
But they just never seem to stick around

I ain't skeered! I can hang with the best of 'em and from what I've seen over the past several months, this is a great group.