Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

TOO 2012 Waterfowl Kill Thread

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
It is time to whack 'n stack boys!!! Be sure to post pics of your feather collections in here as the season progresses. Just watched a flock of 40 geese head to their usual overnight haunt. I'll be up in the AM to do a drive by of the lake to see where they are. Hoping I can sneak attack them!!!

Carpn

*Supporting Member*
Wooster
Smacked em. 4 man limit by 735. Got our birds and got out and let the rest of the birds in. Killed16 geese out of 3 flocks. 7-8 hit the ground first flock in. Great way to start.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Smacked em. 4 man limit by 735. Got our birds and got out and let the rest of the birds in. Killed16 geese out of 3 flocks. 7-8 hit the ground first flock in. Great way to start.

I'd piss my pants to be apart of that. I have got to get my shit together! It's just so expensive and I'm teaching myself. Kinda scared to get in TOO deep honestly!!!

Congrats on a great morning Jake and thanks for sharing. Well done sir! :smiley_clap:

Carpn

*Supporting Member*
Wooster
Thanks guys.Good luck on teal . I know there is supposed to be decent teal hunting round here but I dunno where to go. I can't hunt tomorrow morning but i may try a evening hunt. Not sure how that will go..Good luck wacking stuff. It is addictive . I am a avid waterfowl hunter avid bowhunter , avid turkey hunter, and avid bowfisherman...Luckily my wife deals with it ok.

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Good shit, Jake! Gimme a call tomorrow afternoon... I might be able to meet up if you have room.

Curran

Supporting Member
Central Ohio
Nice job Jake!

We saw a skunk on the drive out into the field yesterday morning... Should have know that was a bad omen. rotflmao

Ohiosam

*Supporting Member*
Mahoning Co.
WOW Jake! what a morning that was!

A friend and I took his son out this morning. We got there and the field which was mowed off sweet corn yesrtday morning got disked up yesterday afternoon and was mud this morning:tantrum:

So we setup in the weeds at the edge. Probably 3-400 birds came in but most stayed away from the edge. Big Danny and I each got one but little Danny got his limit.

Carpn

*Supporting Member*
Wooster
Great job! Doin a evening hunt today ..Gonna be 3 of us. Its a hot field so unless I really screw up we should have 12 dead geese to post a picture of later.

epe

Lancaster
Set up for teal, ended up seeing dove and geese..called the geese over, wouldn't commit with no goose decoys..

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1346637467212.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1346637467212.jpg
    14.6 KB · Views: 125