Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Stamps ?

bthompson1004

NWOhio!
No. I looked at the link. The top one is the federal, the second one is the state..

I just read the regs book under the waterfowl section and it seems to treat the federal migratory game bird stamp as federal "Duck Stamp"...so it's one or the other?

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I just read the regs book under the waterfowl section and it seems to treat the federal migratory game bird stamp as federal "Duck Stamp"...so it's one or the other?

The federal duck stamp IS the federal migratory game bird stamp.... Most guys just call in the federal duck stamp because it's easier. To hunt waterfowl in Ohio, you need your Ohio hunting license, the Ohio Wetlands Habitat stamp, and the federal duck stamp... period. Unless you're a youth, then things change a bit.

bthompson1004

NWOhio!
I don't know why I didn't see that...if they call it Fed migratory bird stamp in one place they should call it exactly that in another place. 3 different names for 2 different stamps is re-donkulous!

oh well, I'm done now.

rgecko23

*Supporting Member*
Massillon, Ohio
The federal duck stamp IS the federal migratory game bird stamp.... Most guys just call in the federal duck stamp because it's easier. To hunt waterfowl in Ohio, you need your Ohio hunting license, the Ohio Wetlands Habitat stamp, and the federal duck stamp... period. Unless you're a youth, then things change a bit.

Good to know..I got an invitation and didnt know what all I needed to get

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Don't forget your HIP Certification when you get your license either. If you do, you can log on to the DNR page using your sportsmen's account and complete it there I believe. Or call (877) 447-6446 and be ready to write down a ridiculously long number on your license...

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Don't forget your HIP Certification when you get your license either. If you do, you can log on to the DNR page using your sportsmen's account and complete it there I believe. Or call (877) 447-6446 and be ready to write down a ridiculously long number on your license...

Good catch... I forgot to mention that. That'd be such a shitty reason to get a coupon from your local crick dick. I think you can only get your HIP certification over the phone... but I could be wrong.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Good catch... I forgot to mention that. That'd be such a shitty reason to get a coupon from your local crick dick. I think you can only get your HIP certification over the phone... but I could be wrong.

I completed mine when I bought my license, but I'm "old school" and go to the carry out for that. One would think they would have it online, but I have no idea if that is indeed the case either JB. Might be giving them TOO much credit...

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I completed mine when I bought my license, but I'm "old school" and go to the carry out for that. One would think they would have it online, but I have no idea if that is indeed the case either JB. Might be giving them TOO much credit...

Kinda like how they don't let you check a landowner deer tag over the phone..... Idiots.