Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

kentucky

bigten05

*Supporting Member*
knox county ohio
im leaving friday morning for kentucky hope to put a velvet buck on the ground. is anybody else going down to get an early start to the season? we were planing on hunting public land but my buddy ran into a guy while he was working last week who said he has 125 acres down there that nobody hunts and said we are more than welcome to come hunt it and said we could stay at his house, plan on scouting it a little when we get down there. if its as good as the guy said then i dont think it will take long for us to find a tree to be in for saturday. he said he has deer in the beans everynight.so i hope it works out.

bigten05

*Supporting Member*
knox county ohio
thanks ill keep you guys posted on how things go. got some things to get done to keep me busy til friday wanna shoot my broadheads a few more times(made the switch to slick tricks from rage you guys convinced me to try them out). get my camo out and washed and pack everything up.hope we dont get that damn rain comin up this way from that hurricane ill pack my rain gear to be safe.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Sounds good to me. I will be busy, but talked to my cousin last night and he is ready for the season to start as well. He lives there and has been watching some nice bucks with regularity. Hope you have some success!

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
thanks ill keep you guys posted on how things go. got some things to get done to keep me busy til friday wanna shoot my broadheads a few more times(made the switch to slick tricks from rage you guys convinced me to try them out). get my camo out and washed and pack everything up.hope we dont get that damn rain comin up this way from that hurricane ill pack my rain gear to be safe.

How are they working out for you?

bigten05

*Supporting Member*
knox county ohio
i like them they fly great, hopefully i get to put them to the test this season, i have a couple buddys that shoot them also and they have nothing but good to say about them.

bigten05

*Supporting Member*
knox county ohio
well i didnt get any shots, saw a toatl of ten, 2 decent bucks one ten point and a smaller 8 point, both crossed the field just a little to far about 80 yards. i think i know where i need to be when i get back down there again. they seem to have a major coyote problem around that area saw 4 of those damn things and couldnt get a shot either.theres always next time, think were gonna go back down the weekned before bow opens here.