Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

One thing?

What is one or two things you as a deer hunter would be willing to let someone choose for you?
And what is one or two you would never let anyone choose for you?

.Maybe your scent smoker,or your rage broadheads,your M100 or alpha treestand,your binocs or your summit climber of choice? etc etc...

Last edited:

MK111

"Happy Hunting Grounds in the Sky"
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
I can't maye my own mind let alone let someone else do it for me.
Frank

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Tree stand location? Nope.

Weapon choice? Sure. So long as I get a chance to be familiarized first.

Camo? Why not. I like Jesse's thought here, so I will echo it.

Field dressing knife? Sure.

Brand of Scent Elimination spray? Pick it out. They are all the same. So long as I get to use my Smoker too.

Range Finder? Pick it out for me. Inside 100yds I would have to think they are all fairly close.

Binoculars? Nope. I think they are critical in the stand.

Tree stand type? Sure. Pick it out for me. I have hunted in comfy stands and stands with no seats. So long as it is safe.

letsgobowhunting

All my family want to buy me hunting products for Christmas because they know how much i enjoy the sport. The biggest problem is they would go to Walmart or Kmart to shop and I don't typically use products from there. I started telling everyone I don't need anything and if they want they could get me a gift card. Or I tell them I really need a new pair of Danners and that I am saving money to buy them so they would offer money towards it. The problem is I am super picky about everything that involves me.
The one thing that I would let someone pick for me is.... well.....anything they would like as long as they provide a gift receipt.

Last edited:

Dannmann801

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Springboro
As long as they're paying they can choose whatever.
I'll buy what I want anyway.

LGBH is right...gift cards are the way to go. They can choose...Bass Pro or Cabelas....pick one

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
I prefer too do my own thinking on what when and where I hunt... I take into account suggestions.... but make my own decissions....

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I would let someone else choose almost anything for me, except for my weapon. No matter what I carry into the woods... whether it be my bow, or a slug gun, or the .17... I am EXTREMELY particular about my weapons. For me personally, confidence reigns above all else when I'm in the woods. It doesn't matter where I am or what I'm sitting on... If I'm not confident in my weapon, I'm not confident in my abilities.

MK111

"Happy Hunting Grounds in the Sky"
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
As long as they're paying they can choose whatever.
I'll buy what I want anyway.

LGBH is right...gift cards are the way to go. They can choose...Bass Pro or Cabelas....pick one

4-5 yrs ago the wife and I went to International gift certificates. US CASH.
Frank

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Didn't you do that on your outfitter hunt last year and see a lot of deer?

Yes and no. He would make a suggestion or two, but I had the ability to choose where I hunted. There were 2 stands he suggested very strongly that I tried. I believe those were the hunts I was skunked. lol Remember the big buck I killed based on his recommendations? Yeah. Me neither. I remember passing on a 120ish buck, but the rest were basket racks.

RUT NUT

I'd let someone chose how I hunted. Wether it be from the ground or a tree stand. I would NOT let someone choose when I hunted. When the rut is in full swing (if that ever happens again....haha)I'm going to be in the woods!