Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

DEAL Max's Flea Market and Water Dog Races

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Wasn't sure where else to put this. This event is growing every year and this year looks to be quite the large event! Labor Day weekend from Friday to Monday. Setup is Wed_Thur. Generally there is a good bit of traffic on Thursdays. By Monday 1/2 the vendors are packed up and gone or leaving. Stop in Friday-Sunday and you will be sure to find a deal in there someone.

For anyone going, feel free to stop in and see us! We will be just south of the grandstands along the fence outside of the track and infield. We will have a Quadpod set up and quite the assortment of tree stands and blinds. Will try to keep plenty of water (or other drinks) for our friends to stop in and visit.

MK111

"Happy Hunting Grounds in the Sky"
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
I will be in the SE building on the East end by the garage door. Will have 30 plus guns for sale. See you.
Frank

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Thanks! Wish I could say the same. Honestly though, once I am open I usually don't get a chance to leave our spots until after dark. With two of us there, it is just not enough at times. Ask Beentown. The one year he stopped in to see us I didn't even get a chance to do much more than toss him a stand and say hi. I think he was transporting for Redcloud or something. Felt like a terrible host, but it is what it is I guess. We were there to move product. He seemed to understand.

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
Thanks! Wish I could say the same. Honestly though, once I am open I usually don't get a chance to leave our spots until after dark. With two of us there, it is just not enough at times. Ask Beentown. The one year he stopped in to see us I didn't even get a chance to do much more than toss him a stand and say hi. I think he was transporting for Redcloud or something. Felt like a terrible host, but it is what it is I guess. We were there to move product. He seemed to understand.

Dick.... I kid, I kid. I still couln't believe the prices on the guns. I swear half of those guys get a table to show what they have not move product.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
True. However, there are a LOT of guns out there. Deals to be had, but you really need to wade through the thousands of guns to find a deal. Now the tree stand guy on the other hand. . . . deals all over the place! lmao

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
I have never seen so many guns in one place that is for sure.

And remember I don't buy unless it is a deal. Someone going to buy just for personal use then they will have a bunch to choose from. It is worth going for the people watching.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Definitely some interesting people. People watching is amusing. Crazy too, because I generally don't get time to leave my booth until after dark. It is full bore from about 7am til after dark. I hope people show up ready to spend some money this year. First show was "okay" but not great. We need to move some product next weekend. Going to the show with over $12g in inventory. Prices will be at or below big box store prices. Yet, there will still be about 1 in every 3 people trying to tell me they can buy these stands cheaper. Maybe so. . . . if they wait until January.

Our issue is the box stores buying power. They will advertise the entry level stand just above cost. It certainly gets people in the door for them which leads to other purchases. On any stand above their entry level stand we are competitive or cheaper. Seems a lot of them are just shopping and want to argue but have no intention of buying anyway.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Depends on the vendor. Often times the water dog races themselves go on into the night. I have heard them announcing results at 2-4am before. Last year it seems like the races were done earlier. Maybe midnight? Vendors vary. Some vendors pull out the lights and sell into the night. I think they said over 1000 vendors this year. If I had to guess, I would say maybe 10-20 vendors will be up selling. There are not a lot that stay up day and night selling. Most stay open until at least dark though.

Not sure of the start times of the water dog races either Dannman. It seems like they go on all day long.

Rutin

Ina Duck Blind
Im actually off duty that Fri and leave saturday for KY deer opener. May be just the little git away I need. I think its about an 1.5 hrs from columbus area so its a little drive but sounds like it will be worth it.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Anyone wants to look me up but can't find me? Feel free to call or text from the show: Phil 419 233 9339. Not to hard to find. Find the grandstands. Walk past the grandstands south toward all the animal barns (horses/sheep/goats/cows/pigs as chickens and rabbits are on another midway). When you get to the grandstands, just follow around them to the entry/exit point for the infield and track. We are right there. Our booths back up to the fence just south of the grandstands.

Rutin- Wear some walking shoes. There will be a ton of ground to cover but plenty to see!