Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Went to the farm today..

oakswamper

around Toledo
I wanted to check things out before it got hot again this weekend, the acorn crop is real good this year and the squirrels are lousy..gonna have to thin them out before deer season..
I had 5 more big oaks hit the ground from all the storms we've had:smiley_depressive:
all my stands are still up (first time in a few years)
and I talked to the guy that farms our property and he said he pulled 3 bean stalks and they averaged 78 pods (lol black swamp doesn't need rain) so he was happy...

I also saw 2 yote pups that I will take care of in the morning, other than a few things to get ready for the season looks like an easy fall :smiley_arrogant:

Oh the deer sign is real good

bthompson1004

NWOhio!
I wanted to check things out before it got hot again this weekend, the acorn crop is real good this year and the squirrels are lousy..gonna have to thin them out before deer season..
I had 5 more big oaks hit the ground from all the storms we've had:smiley_depressive:
all my stands are still up (first time in a few years)
and I talked to the guy that farms our property and he said he pulled 3 bean stalks and they averaged 78 pods (lol black swamp doesn't need rain) so he was happy...

I also saw 2 yote pups that I will take care of in the morning, other than a few things to get ready for the season looks like an easy fall :smiley_arrogant:

Oh the deer sign is real good

That sounds real easy peasy, good to hear....glad things are looking good for you over there....did you get the pups yet?

oakswamper

around Toledo
Thinned em out a little, only bad thing is I didn't make it to my area I wanted to thin out lol..

acorns on the white oaks are huge this year

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Dang them squirrels nuts are about as big as those white oak nuts! Lol

Hey, that's a great squirrel hunt right there! Thems some big acorns! Congrats and thanks for sharing.