Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Hey OMO

Fluteman

Supporting Member
Southeast Ohio
What's up with the "Angry Pirate" look? Pop an eyeball out straining while taking a dump? You really should try a laxative next time!

ARGH!

Gern186

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NW Ohio Tundra

Milo

Tatonka guide.
You should try the lebron and dwayne wade thing...glasses with no lenses in them...then put a lil piece of paper over the other ...have you seen trap shooting glasses that have spots on them to keep your left eye from taking over? some say its better because you can use your periferial vision to help stabilize you in the stand.

Just learn to shoot left handed. Then you can be cool like me.:smiley_coolpeace:
I have shot a few LH bows at the shop...I looked an felt like a monkey trying to fugg a football..I would get a Crossbow an shoot LH,before I can make the LH vertical bow switch...
Why do you have to cover your eye? Is it your dominant eye?
Yes my L eye is dominant..And I am unable to close the L eye an keep the R eye open(but I can do that vice versa)...
You should try the lebron and dwayne wade thing...glasses with no lenses in them...then put a lil piece of paper over the other ...have you seen trap shooting glasses that have spots on them to keep your left eye from taking over? some say its better because you can use your periferial vision to help stabilize you in the stand.
The patch covers very little of my eye.So little that I can still use both eyes with binos and such..Once I get lined up to the string and peep at fulldraw,it seems to block everything else out(tough to describe maybe?)..

Stabilization and balance isn't a issue,at least it doesn't seem to be..But I do lose a small amount of vision to the far left...

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Just shoot with both eyes open. I learned to do that so I don't get tunnel vision and miss something during the moment of truth that would cause a mistake...

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Yea, keeping both eyes open won't work if his left eye is dominant. The peep won't even show up in his line of sight. Anyone that is right-eye dominant, pick up a shotgun lefthanded and try to look down the rib with both eyes open... All you'll see is the side of the barrel.

OMO, can you train yourself to close your left eye or is it not physically possible?

Yea, keeping both eyes open won't work if his left eye is dominant. The peep won't even show up in his line of sight. Anyone that is right-eye dominant, pick up a shotgun lefthanded and try to look down the rib with both eyes open... All you'll see is the side of the barrel.

OMO, can you train yourself to close your left eye or is it not physically possible?

I can close it,just not independent of my RH eye..... I aint sure honestly on the training part..I have been meaning to talk to a Dr about it since 2006 an never got around to it....

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
You can train it OMO. I shoot right but am left eye dominant. Now all I have to do is look through the peep and blink....right eye is the one now focusing. I do the same thing for firearms. Takes a while but it can be done.

You can train it OMO. I shoot right but am left eye dominant. Now all I have to do is look through the peep and blink....right eye is the one now focusing. I do the same thing for firearms. Takes a while but it can be done.

Some can,some cant on the training aspect.......If you mean blink with my L dominate eye while keeping the R non dominate open,that isn't a option for me at this point......Thanks for all the input an thanks for making fun of me greg:smiley_arrogant:

Fluteman

Supporting Member
Southeast Ohio
Some can,some cant on the training aspect.......If you mean blink with my L dominate eye while keeping the R non dominate open,that isn't a option for me at this point......Thanks for all the input an thanks for making fun of me greg:smiley_arrogant:

Sorry dude, I just wondered what the eyepatch was fer! If it makes you feel any better, I am left-hand AND colorblind!